An English Gent.....

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Goatman, Jun 20, 2012.

?

An English Gentleman ....

Poll closed May 19, 2013.
  1. Never wipes his knob on the curtains

13 vote(s)
    23.2%
  2. wouldnt be found dead wearing trainers and a suit

35 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Should be inarticulate in any language other than his own

9 vote(s)
    16.1%
  4. is a figment of his own imagination - the breed died out in 1918.

10 vote(s)
    17.9%
  5. Is alive and well and living in Koh Samui off the earnings of his lovely Thai brides

5 vote(s)
    8.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Well I read it in the Toryboygraph...so it must be true <gasp>.....plainly I ain't no Gent ( strewf, gorblimeymissus, up the apples&pears wiv ya)

SOURCE

2. That's not a gentleman that's an arriviste...

• Like Like x 2
  3. That article is largely bunkum & balderdash. Firstly it names Beckham as a gentleman. Nice enough fellow he may be but he is the epitome of the player. Secondly members of Leander (& I) will react in consternation to their pronouncements on pink socks. Thirdly I'm not on their list.

Honestly I don't know why I bother with the Telegraph any more. The pictures of fruity girls collecting their A-Level results wearing little strappy tops only come round once a year & Liz Hurley's going off a bit.

• Like Like x 5
  4. The gentleman is not dead, I still take the time to write a little "you've been micked" note to any young ladies I happen to spend the night with. And leave a little Irish Guards sticker in her husbands sock drawer. Tis only proper.

• Like Like x 1
  5. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

I think they have confused Gentlemen with toffs. I've met plenty of toffs who are not gentlemen.

• Like Like x 2
  6. And I have met many gentlemen who are not toffs!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Surely you're not suggesting its possible to be both Irish and a gentleman?

• Like Like x 3
  8. "But today’s gentleman attends Glastonbury, has a Land Rover Discovery, drinks Pinot Noir from New Zealand, embarks on shooting at Alnwick, Northumberland and goes skiing in the French resort of Val d’Isère."

NOTE TO SELF
    Time to sell disco' to a par venue.

9. Being born in a stable does not make one a horse.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Don't be bloody stupid!

11. "But today&#8217;s gentleman attends Glastonbury, has a Land Rover Discovery, drinks Pinot Noir from New Zealand, embarks on shooting at Alnwick, Northumberland and goes skiing in the French resort of Val d&#8217;Isère. "

I think they are confusing "Ponce" with "Gentleman"

12. As an aside, why is Glastonbury not on this year?

13. Botter or rotter or both....

14. Gremlin

Gremlin LE Good Egg (charities)

Contrary to popular rumour, it's sod all to do with the Olympics, but the usual 6 year furlough.

15. Too many ponces?

• Like Like x 1