An Ashes Thread

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by box-of-frogs, Jul 8, 2009.

1. England easily - Take that you convicts!

2. England just - hard fought victory.

3. Draw

4. Aussie's just - just enough class is shown.

5. Aussie's easily - strewth mate, you poms are sh1te!

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Couldn't see one so here it is...........

The Ashes has just started and Test Match Special is on the radio in the office. Lets hope it's as thrilling as the last Ashes series in the UK 4 years ago.

I'm going for England to win 2-1!
  2. I'm waiting to see how many Welsh cheer the Aussies on!
  3. They'd be stupid if they did. It is the England & Wales Cricket Team after all.
    Although as the Wales part keeps being dropped by the media, along with them questioning why an Ashes Test Match is being played in a foreign country, I can see why some would.
  4. First boundary - hurrah !.
  5. Very close call i think, England to win in Cardiff, Aussies at Lords and after that i think you could throw a blanket over them. Doing Ok at he start 18-0
  6. Check the cyclists getting the freeview! Ground very quiet, maybe the ale not kicked into the Barmy Army yet!
  7. Right. If England and Wales win the first test, it will set us in good stead. If we draw in Cardiff that will embolden the convicts as they will see that as getting over the banana skin (because they manage to beat even us in the arrogance stakes) and may push on and beat us.

Look to be going okay at the moment. I would say a really good first session for us would be to get through it with our openers still in - who then push on to score 70+ without loss of a wicket by the middle of the after lunch session.
  8. And the first Wicket goes down. Cook caught.

9. Sorry. I take full responsibility for that with my wishful thinking. I will shut up now before I become known as Jonah.
  10. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Strauss caught at slip by Clarke
  11. Pains me to say it, but the men in the baggy green caps are playing very, very well and would appear to have the upper hand in this session.
  12. rampant

rampant LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

And so as we go into lunch:

England are 3-97

Fall of Wickets: 21-67-90

Strauss c M Clarke b M Johnson 30
    Cook c M Hussey b Hilfenhaus 10
    Bopara c Hughes b M Johnson 35
    Pietersen not out 6
    Collingwood not out 5
  13. So - given how poorly the day has started - what do we need to see from England in the next session?

I am making no predictions, having proven how bloody cack-handed I am.
  14. wahoo sky hd just in time :) >>> shame I work 12 hour days at the moment sometimes up to 15 hours so not alot of time to watch it
  15. 129-3 - Collingwood and KP slow and steady. At work and listening to TMS on R5, even the Aussie commentators don't fancy their spinner much.