An ARRRSE PODCAST???

Discussion in 'ARRSE: Site Issues' started by bitterandtwisted, Mar 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi peeps - was wondering (as he looks at the MODS) ever thought of doing say a monthly podcast - I dunno being done on say a monthly basis, bringing all the latest news, repartee, wit and banter that comes from the wonderful community. It could be quite a hit.

If I had the brains how to do it... I would -- but what do the fellow ARRSERS think? Obviously it should be recorded on Mp3 format, so it can be downloaded by pikeys amongst you who dont have i-Tunes, or an I- Pod.

Also the podcast download could be charged for a small fee, to help raise money for this website or charity. Maybe a link could be put on the website where the community personnel could record thier thoughts and views but still anonymouse- like mickey mousey's unknown brother!

Food for thought...... or load of old bollox????

2. load of old bollox

3. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

I've no objection, would happily host the file and am always keen to see additions to ARRSE but I won't be BCO or me doing it! Actually now I think about it I don't know what a podcast is..... a downloadable mp3 of chat I'm assuming?

4. Or you could log on once a month....

5. Yes that basically it, just downloadable recorded format on mp3.. i am sure fellow arrses could enlighten us - i am sure there some techno geeks in ARRSEworld? Comments , points of view, any takers?

6. Podcasting is a method of publishing audio and video files via the Internet. Users are able to subscribe via RSS feeds which can be downloaded onto your mp3 player or computer desktop, where you can listen via a media player.

7. Nicely copied there Chubb. Maybe myself, Goku and Flash could make a podcast of your history on ARRSE, and how many times you have been banned.

That'd take a couple of weeks though.

8. Putting a podcast together is a piece of pish.

I'd do it but I don't think my dulcet tones should be released amongst the wild !!

9. I think we have the answer. Less than a page of posts and we already have pointless vilification creeping in. If you want to see what has happened over a month - get reading and don't create something that will breed discontent and even more person to person argument