An army marches on its stomach

Perhaps the Arrse Gods might open a forum entitled 'Shite from the Wail'. Or just post a permanent link to the purveyor of pap.

At least it may reduce the number of links to crappy specious articles from that bog paper publication.

Soldiers go into battle in Afghanistan on empty stomachs | Mail Online

allegedly squaddies are refusing to eat the "new healthier" rat packs, is from the mail but what do you think

Agree/disagree are they shit?
I think the daily mail is talking bollocks as usual and having to look at the solider mag for their outrage fix. Rations packs have always attracted complaints, thats why they dont stock them at Tescos. Plenty of other food in theatre, alot of the infantry learn how to make their own bread.

I never once saw anyone with an empty stomach unless they had the shits.

There should be feedback sheets in each carton (containing 10), both the MCRs and the 12 hour were trialled by guys out in Afghan.

Stocks of the old 24 Hour GP are now pretty much exhausted with roughly only 70,000 left in stock. It may seem a large number but at least 1000 are going out to units for training daily.

People better get used to them because the new ones are here to stay for the forseeable future.

These rat packs arent new though are they? They (mail) have an outrage article everyday about the military which 90% is obvious shite, they're latest is all about the falklands someone will probably post it later

There should be feedback sheets in each carton (containing 10), both the MCRs and the 12 hour were trialled by guys out in Afghan.

Stocks of the old 24 Hour GP are now pretty much exhausted with roughly only 70,000 left in stock. It may seem a large number but at least 1000 are going out to units for training daily.

People better get used to them because the new ones are here to stay for the forseeable future.
They could make them from the shiny sheets of bog paper that used to be in the packs - winwin for the MOD, because no pen would be able to lay ink on them. On the other hand, if they included the Daily Wail in rat packs, it would paradoxically be full of shit yet able to absorb more.

These rat packs arent new though are they? They (mail) have an outrage article everyday about the military which 90% is obvious shite, they're latest is all about the falklands someone will probably post it later
The MCRs aint, however the 12 hour is new(ish)

My day (67-90) had the best ever rat packs.
May I make a suggestion, that would return quality to the Lads doing the business up the Sharpe End.
Seems the MP's eat well (House of Commons), so Military Field Rations to be served there until the Troops are happy.

john
Sort of incentive that would give fast results.

Whinging cnuts, nothing wrong with the food, they changed the menu specifically because of the climate. No one wants the stodge in 50 degree heat.

Cry baby Sgts that have sufficient time to write to soldier mag about **** all in particular should be bust so as to educate them what's worthwhile crying at and what isn't.

M

Mark The Convict

What dinger said, similar applies here. Plenty of blokes don't cook/brew up for manifold reasons, just one of which is that nobody wants hot food on a stinking hot day. In any case some squaddies/diggers will whinge about the rat packs no matter what's in them.

"You've never had it so good" well rations wise at least. I'd like to suggest that the sgt is writing from the war torn slopes of Tidworth or is inbedded with the crabs but these days who knows.

This sort of aneurysm can be avoided by not reading the Daily Mail.

"You've never had it so good" well rations wise at least. I'd like to suggest that the sgt is writing from the war torn slopes of Tidworth or is inbedded with the crabs but these days who knows.

This sort of aneurysm can be avoided by not reading the Daily Mail.
Well he's certainly not worried about going out on patrol is he.

The consensus seems to be that the grub is great ( BTW the compo of the sixties and seventies was ) but that the Daily mail is a wicked, lying, awful, not to be seen in polite society manufacturer and purveyor of lies, designed to generate outrage in that section of the population to dim to see these truths as articulated by the more intelligent and well informed amongst us.
This sort of Daily Mail Phobia can be seen on every thread that paper is mentioned in all over the web. No matter the subject no matter the story out they come, twitching and parroting each other in their intellectual indignation that anyone should be so crass as to mention the daily mail or worse post a link to anything printed in it.
Is there a club or some sort of organisation these people belong to ? Do blackberry messages fly between members alerting them to a thread that has (shock horror) a link to an article, story or comment in "THAT" paper? The irony is, and of course its wasted on them, that these posters bang on and on about the outrage bus, and the only outrage in evidence is that which they are screaming regarding a pretty harmless story in a tabloid paper. The phrase "Get A Life " springs to mind.

Found a tin of compo sausages once with **** in the bottom of the tin, tracked the culprit down due to the large number of sausages he had removed to fit his dick in. True story, Hohne ranges could be pretty boring for an Arty fitter section.

Found a tin of compo sausages once with **** in the bottom of the tin, tracked the culprit down due to the large number of sausages he had removed to fit his dick in. True story, Hohne ranges could be pretty boring for an Arty fitter section.
The steak and kidney pud was great in fact all of it was good, mate of mine was addicted to compo cheese I swear

Maybe we should issue those complaining the tinned ration packs from the eighties? That'll learn 'em.
Food of the ******* gods mate. and don't get me started or I'll be joined by the rest of the old n bold and derail this thread by espousing the glorification of chicken in brown sauce and babys heads.

oh yeah and proper boiled sweets and schreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeech.