An apology.

Discussion in 'REME' started by Fugly, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

I would like to apologies for various over the top comments I have made on here, these have been removed. I remain extremely saddened and disappointed by the way the Corps handles a lot of it's business, but I will for the sake of a quiet life not express them on this site any more.
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Fugly -

I hope no-one has got at you (it certainly wasn't me!). We all need a place to have a good whinge, God knows it's one of the Corps' favourite pastimes, and this is better than most.

It would be a very dull Forum (alright, it would be duller than it is already) if the only threads were about the NSN for various Foden Shackles and the like :)
  3. Fugly

Fugly LE DirtyBAT

Not yet, but i'm sure it's in the post. And yes, certain sudden and very poorly promulgated rule changes have affected me, and in a big way. But apparently I have to be happy about it.

Anyway, what I wrote was admittedly over the top, and has been removed.
  4. What did I miss?? I love a good whinge.
  5. Exactly. I hate missing removed threads!
  6. I hope you havent had the Tiffy/AQ ( Insert any other career orientated rank in a Corps here) behaviour modification surgery,where your spine has been removed via frontal lobotomy
  7. Boo, hiss! I was enjoying that thread and it was just getting interesting.

So, have you been bullied by an internet hardman or has one of the Brig's narcs sussed you out and given you a gypsy's? Either way, if you've got a proper gripe I can recommend the Service Complaints Commissioner. Saves you upsetting people on here and might get you a result. Then we can all get on with telling each other how much we love the Corps.

PS I love it more than you x
  8. Well i started the thread, and now i can't see it! I don't think you said anything that you didn't mean (maybe the language was a bit flowery) oh well pushed or jumped i think we have lost a voice today with you doing this.
    RIP freedom of expression.
  9. It wasn't just that... Someone started using the names of fallen soldiers to back up an argument. IMO that needed plugging to start with.

Secondly, we got wind from the Comd Group that the 'big man' (I'll let you decide which one I'm talking about here) was not happy about negative comments about the Corps being posted on arrse. They stated trade and rank of the 'writer' they'd noticed in particular.

But just for the record - rather than want to cure the headache by cutting off the head, I'd want to know why it was taking a turn to negative-town in the first place. Solve that problem, and threads such as the one that was binned will no longer happen.
  10. Sorry to hear that.
  11. Account has been suspended?
  12. A sad day!

Arrse is all about being able to say what we like and to bring issues out of the shadows when they need to be. The opinions of all of us are guaranteed to get the backs up on others but that is just part of life. No one should have pressure put on them whether it is through this site or other means to alter what we say on here.

Freedom of speech means just that, we are free to tell the truth about whatever subject we like even if it makes life uncomfortable for those that should be doing their jobs and taking action to fix things when it's required.

We have to tollerate trolls on a daily basis and yet a usually decent bloke is silenced :cry:

Edited to add that I didn't get to read the offending thread before is went to the hole. This is just a general statement about speech on here and not a particular incident.
  13. I don’t think this overzealous pursuit of loyalty to the corps being pushed from the top, has any bearing on the loyalty to the corps actually felt by REME soldiers. It has far more to do with a desire to point a finger at anyone who dares to question decisions which have an impact on their careers and label them as disloyal. This simply promotes the idea that HQ DEME(A) and REME Soldier Wing are infallible. Which they clearly (just like anybody else) are not.

Obviously sometimes difficult decisions have to be made and there will always be somebody, who feels that they have been treated unfairly, but when you refuse to listen to complaints and acknowledge that perhaps a situation could have been handled in a better way, then you lose the respect of those that you represent. You can demand respect but you won’t get it.

I have to echo other comments on this forum when I say that, dragging the names of our recent casualties into an argument about a promotion board, in order to try to score a few cheap points is about as low as it gets. Whoever you are you should be ashamed of yourself.
  14. Oh! I've just noticed he's gone. 8O
    That's a damned shame. :(
    I'm always saying I'm not interested in the folks behind the usernames and just enjoy reading posts that are thought-provoking, hilarious or demonstrate wisdom.
    And Fugly ticked all three of those boxes.
    I don't know what he posted that was so offensive or whatever?
    Whether he's totally p1ssed off with the site? ..... or whether he is (will be) back with a new username?
    If it's the former, I'll miss him. :(
  15. Fugly was a great bloke. It's a shame that he's gone.