An apology from a rested less stroppy GCO

Discussion in 'RAC' started by Good CO, Mar 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Firstly I apologise for being stroppy last night. I got back after a long weekend of a lot of travel to find a legal threat - mild and friendly but a legal threat nonetheless - and that led me to the thread absolutely full of names, breaking one of the two most fundamental rules of ARRSE. These are made as clear as I can possibly make them twice in the sign up procedure.

There is almost no need to identify people in threads at all. The only thing it possibly does is lend an air of credibility to a story. However, those who were there will recognise "the guy from 2 Sqn who shagged a goat" and to those that weren't a name doesn't mean anything anyway.

The second apology comes for letting that thread run so long, although there were plenty of long term users posting in it who could have also steered it the right way, so others are far from blameless in this.

Finally, the 'veiled speech' of stars. Someone is either identifiable or they're not. If I were to end up in court over this some unfortunate day, telling a judge that it was OK because the name was thinly disguised is not going to help. You might argue that it actually makes things worse as we're admitting that it shouldn't have been there in the first place.

Finally as time allows this week I will get through that thread and sort it out before putting it back online. It is after all a popular and good thread and it would be a shame to lose it. I admit though that I am though very pis sed off at having to do this.
  2. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

By the way - please send me emails not PMs! (see my footer) I think I say this almost as much as I say "no names" :)
  3. I have, two in fact and as yet not received an answer!

Thankyou I/we are much obliged and I/we will ensure we behave and abide by the rules in future.........................................everyone agree?
  4. Good CO

Good CO LE Admin

Just about to do the emails now. Sunday night was not the time and I was getting a very pissed off girlfriend.
  5. I am stunned at your generosity, Good CO. Thank you very much.
  6. elovabloke

elovabloke LE Moderator

Cheers mate and an idea might be to appoint a couple of the regulars as mods if poss as we know most if not all the regulars.
  7. Cheers Good C.O, i agree maybe Moderation from within, as elova has said, seeing most of us know at least a few on here.
  8. Good CO, ta muchly. I'll apologise for sending you a PM and not an email though, RTFQ springs to mind eh. If you find that it's not ferasible to let us have the thread back, let us know, i'm sure we can police it though :thumright:

PS, hope the girlfriend isnt too piddled off now.
  9. Glad to hear you are putting us back where we belong.Thank You. I understand your concerns and also think the remark made was totally out of order.
  10. There's a good man! :thumright: You know it make's sense! :thumleft:
  11. first an apology, for wasting your time with the frau,,,last should have said...secondly thanks for letting the 3rtr twaaaats back on line,,,although they always slag me off they are all old freinds and we in the rtr are all family..its a good site and you are right i do know who had relations with the goat,,,,all of them...
  12. Flyingrockdj

Flyingrockdj War Hero Moderator

I spend a weekend moving house!
  13. No it was VTT who blew one off!!! :blowkiss:
  14. Thank you!
  15. is that thanks the sites back or that vtt has been named as playing with the goat.. own up was you lad...