An American version of Sandhurst?

And we lost our bit of it then did a runner whereas the Yanks stayed in the fight.
and they lost and did a runner as well, but losing more and more men and women before accepting they were not getting anywhere. US dictated policy of the Iraq war and how it would be fought, as they do in Afghanistan.

and they lost and did a runner as well, but losing more and more men and women before accepting they were not getting anywhere. US dictated policy of the Iraq war and how it would be fought, as they do in Afghanistan.
I suppose that's easier than admitting we lost our war without any help from the Yanks, yes.

It wasn't our war.
Basra was. We held the command of the area. I don't think the Yanks told us to go and sit on the airport and leave the city to get on with life, did they? That would have come from our government who didn't want to see casualties (AKA bad news) coming from a war we were already planning on running away bravely from.

F

fozzy

To be fair, recent history shows their officer corps possessed the ability to adapt doctrine far better than ours.
Very true. However, I dont think we can lay all the blame squarely at the feet of Sandhurst. It's what happens after Sandhust. Perhaps adopt a TRADOC type model, with the emphasis on the DOC part

Basra was. We held the command of the area. I don't think the Yanks told us to go and sit on the airport and leave the city to get on with life, did they? That would have come from our government who didn't want to see casualties (AKA bad news) coming from a war we were already planning on running away bravely from.
Basra was part of the Iraq war, a US led war as Afghanistan is. Decisions made by the the commanders affect every area of the war (as in Afghanistan). As an example, the US's constant intrusions into Pakistan have led to Pakistan closing supply roots and causing Pakistani support to go the other way.....causing more and more problems. Similar things happened in Iraq, US commanders did things up North that had affects down South, one forgets that the South was relatively peaceful for a period of time until an incident up North led to chaos erupting all over including the South. I don't think that we were just sitting in the airport for the whole war, just as part of the gradual pull out.

Yank bashing? No, unless truth is yank bashing? Why is it you yanks get so upset and call people yank bashers/communists when someone criticizes some US police or something?