An alternative to the index-finger!

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Bugsy, Jun 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Honi soit qui mal y pense!

You all know (presumably) that there are a whole shiteload of alternatives to the cursor in word documents; indeed, I've tried a few out myself - but always returned to the customary arrow.

What I've been seeking for a very long time is an alternative to the small fist with pointed index-finger that indicates you're on an active link to a website. What I actually want, essentially, is the same sort of thing, but instead with the middle (stinky) finger extended.

Anybody got any ideas where I might find something like that?

MsG

2. why not do a search on google or something

3. If you find one, post a link.

4. Cheers, I couldn't be bothered looking!

5. Cheers for that, but I'd already found it myself, and it's not what I'm looking for. :D :D :D
    I actually want a cursor that changes to a middle-finger when you hover over an active website!

MsG

6. I got all excited with the thread title - I thought there was going to be some more tales of skiffing and other noble pursuits...hey ho.

7. I'll make one for you tonight Bugsy if time allows :D

8. OK, I've got my middle-finger thingy now. Got it from a chappie called "Sliver" over on the Bundeswehrforum. The problem is that I don't know how to incorporate it into my computer. I've downloaded the Zip file, opened it but what are the further drills?

MsG

9. Go to your control panel, double click on 'mouse', select the 'pointers' tab then scroll down to the bottom and highlight 'link select'. Then click on browse and scroll through till you find the one you want. Make sure you've put your new cursor in the cursors folder, or you'll never find it!

10. Thanks a lot for that, brewmeister. It did the bizniss. I've got it up and running now! :D :D :D

MsG

11. Sorry to drag this up again, but I'm over the moon with me new flippin'-the-bird thingy!
    If anybody else wants one, the drill is: go to bundeswehrforum.de, click on Forum, scroll down to and click on "Mischmasch" under the "Sonstiges" heading, scroll down to and click on "Eine Alternative zum Zeigefinger", scroll down to the post by "Sliver" and it's in the zip file at the bottom. Then follow brewmeister's instructions.

It's the dog's danglies!!!

MsG