Amy & Pete. The case for the defence

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by TheIronDuke, Jan 23, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

Incoming shmincoming.

I see Amy is in the news again? Smoking crack apparently. Plod wants a word.

And that Pete Docherty? What a frocking shambles. A face you couldn’t get tired of hitting eh?

Mind you, Back to Black was arguably the best album of ’07, and Amy’s voice has been compared to Aretha Franklin and Billy Holiday.

I don’t have much time for Petes Babyshambles, but in the day, The Libertines turned out some decent tunes. It could be argued that their guerrilla marketing (impromptu gigs at fans houses, announced on the web at short notice) paved the way for the Arctic Monkeys and their rise to fame by Blogging?

But they are both O2 thieves and should be hung from the nearest lamp post, right?

So nobody will have any Babyshambles, Libertines or Amy Winehouse albums in their collection?

Better throw out Billy Holiday too. The Rolling Stones, David Bowie, Velvet Underground, The Doors, Led Zeppelin, Clapton every punk or hippy album ever made and George Michael while you’re on?

You’ll be left with Sir Cliff Richards.

Point is, some of the greatest music of the rock-pop era was created while the creators were so off their tits they didn’t know if it was New Year or New York.

The only difference was, the Stones didn’t have to worry about Muppets with mobiles filming them and selling the vid to the Sun.

Is it me, or is there a massive amount of hypocrisy going on here? If we buy the work of a junkie, do we have the right to batter that same junkie when they get caught out?
  2. they say people are kinder to animals! when putting them out of there misery :boogie:
  3. She's a fcuking idiot.. why DO it in the first place.. I mean succesful career (ISH?!).. raking it in.. and then.. Umm.. let's waste ourselves away!

Hmmmm.. DIE BIATCH
  4. A bullet to the back of the head for all of them! They make a mockery of the law and are in a posistion to influence young minds.

Waste of organs, the lot of em'!
  5. There is no hypocrisy in enjoying art, even if it is produced under influence of drugs, drink or chocolate muffins. The hypocrisy would be in not punishing the bejasus out of people who use drugs etc just because they produced good art.

Personally I don't like Winehouse and can think of half a dozen current bands as good, if not better than either libertines or Babyshambles.
  6. The Libertines were awful, Babyshambles worse. Pete's 'poetry' worst of all... he's a good argument for rapid, quiet introduction of 100% pure Afghan heroin to the London celeb scene...
  7. I think they serve a purpose as walking billboards advertising the effects of drug abuse:

Before Crack:

After Crack:

8. Where's the hypocrisy in hoping that all drug addicts remove themselves from society as quickly and quietly as their addictions allow? Whether their music's good or bad doesn't enter into it. I know of a Big-Issue-dog-on-string type who can knock out a decent tune on the penny-whistle. Doesn't stop him being a waste of oxygen.
  9. Pair of fucking spastics, kill them both live on TV. People can ring in and vote for how they die (proceeds to Military charities)
  10. Looks like Amy needs an Ironing.... wrinkled to F*&k and her hairs a mess.... then again when did it not look a mess! Looks Like an Ideal candidate for a Fig 11. Along with that T*ss£r Pete!
  11. Interesting mug shots

12. Docherty?

A favorite for the 27 club and he couldn't even get that right. That just about sums him up.

As for Wino house. perhaps somebody should slot her husband. her career looks and doinkability might improve a bit after that
  13. Kill them both, theyre only using there money for drugs. All the proceeds from album sales after they die go to charity!

And should Kate Moss join them?
  14. I agree and the sooner they fall of the perch, my record/cd collection will increase in value, not that I'm an oppertunist or anything. :D
  15. If they want to take drugs - let them - it bothers/affects me as much as Dodi, Diana, Ledger, Maddie, etc, etc,

No wait a minute - why not have another public enquiry? :)

Who cares???