Amsterdam pissup

Discussion in 'ARRSE Social, Events & Networking' started by stoatman, Aug 4, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Anyone still up for Operation Market Hardon in Amsterdam on next month?

Saturday 17th September 2005, to coincide with the commemorative parachute drop on Ginkelse Heide in Ede at 10:00am.

Programme of the commemorative festivities: http://www.airbornemuseum.org/agenda/Leaflet%20Airborne%202005.pdf

Previous threads on this topic:

http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=13934/highlight=market+hardon.html
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=14727/highlight=market+hardon.html

For the evening's events, meet in Café du Lac in Amsterdam at 7pm* for scran & biertjes (I'll book a table). I'll then leave my mobile phone number at the bar so that stragglers can then call me when we move on to find out where the hell we are.

Could someone UK based who's coming organise T-shirts please?

Please PM me if you're coming so that I can give the bar numbers.

*time could be subject to change based on demand

2. Goddamn! This has been up for 6 hours now & nobody seems interested any more now that it's a month and a bit away! When this was 1st being discussed, people were all "Yeah, rack the whores up for me, stoaty!" and so on...

Where's everyone's enthusiasm gone???

3. A sad reminder of the military apathy stoaty. I hope YOU have a great time even if no-one else rocks up

4. pop!

Great, looks like it's gonna be me and 1 other, you lazy gits!

5. pop! again!

Still looks like Familie Stoat will outnumber the other arrsers!

RIGHT YOU LOT! As you were.

EASYJET WEBSITE, FLIGHT TO AMSTERDAM, wait for it, wait for it, BOOK!

6. I would if I could, but I'm 6,500 miles away! :(

7. THAT'S NO EXCUSE, CADET DOZY!

Now be a nice cadet and give me 20 press-ups.

8. September is going to be a very busy month. Steam Fair the first weekend, Bournemouth the next weekend, then Amsterdam? I might have to crack open the penny jar.....

I am still up for it Stoaty, I will remind Ghostywhyte she said she would come too. We could also have a competition to see how many arrsers we can fit in a hotel room. Now there's a challenge.....

9. Good stuff! Now all we need is a volunteer for T-shirts monitor.

10. I still have the number for the ones that did the Christmas ones somewhere. It might be too late though so we might have to do what we did on the mini-crawl in Devon and make our own. I am a dab hand with a magic marker.........

Mind you, if there's only going to be 4 of us, because these lazy arrsers can't be bothered to travel (not forgetting the chance to get some duty frees!), what's the point?

[Slug makes a note to self: Bang a leave pass in and make a week of it]

11. Hmm, if it does turn out to be only a few of us, then we could order some cheapo ones from Tshirtme.co.uk which are transfer prints.

12. We will just get white t-shirts from a cheapo shop and draw on them. Its been done before.

Come on you lot, come to Hamsterjam!!!!!

13. Right - 5 of you have said yes. Please make yourselves known.

I have had direct instructions from Stoaty to bully people into going to Hamsterjam. Now, you all know its not in my nature to bully people, but if Stoaty delegates bullying, then I feel obliged to do it. So - let's see a show of hands before I have to start bullying you all.

Shite excuses on here please.

14. I voted yes, but i'm gonna be working then. Don't think I've got a day off in September! Sorry.