Amsterdam a bad idea before Catterick?

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by Skarin, Mar 23, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been invited to Amsterdam for a close friends 21st in August a month before goin to Catterick would this be i good idea considering the fact some of my mates are weed smokers and i dont wana be associated with that incase it gets picked up upon during my medical. If i were to go i would distance myself for the smoking and stay on the cider :D , can i have some advice, opinions etc...

2. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

If it worries you - don't go. After a few shandies you may be tempted to try a little weed - it will never show. Not worth the risk IMO.
  3. Weed can stop in your fat cells for a month! Much longer than any other substance! Don't even think about trying it, it isn't worth the hassle mukker :D
  4. I wouldnt be tempted i hate the F-ing stuff, its just passive smoking worries me.
  5. Passive is just as bad as smoking the stuff mukker! It's still in your system and the amount they chuff over there you might as well be smoking it if you are in the bar :)
  6. Dont think passive smoking is an issue unless you all climb into the boot of a Datsun and toot for 3 days solid

It's over rated as well, wait until you get out then go to 'The Doors' cafe with a pocket full of folding and your party hat on. Try the 'white widow' selection from the catalogues provided, a mild brew with a deceptive undercurrent that leaves you grinning maniacally at the Space Invaders machine in the far corner.
  7. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Generally speaking you can't smoke weed in bars anymore, there are exceptions but not enough to worry you. So if you going on the lash in downtown Amsterdam its not going to be a problem. The guys will probably buy some to smoke between bars though, just don't get so pi$$ed you want to have a smoke, some self control and you will be OK.
  8. Amsterdam's never a bad idea...... :D

I've been assured that passive smoking isn't something that will trouble you - in fact the apparent difference between levels is why lads caught on CDT can't use it as a defence. I've heard the '10 smokers in a phone box for 8hrs' line on how much passive smoking you'd need to be exposed to a few times. That said, you might get a 'below threshold' positive which may raise some questions.

My biggest concern would be whether you trust yourself to stay out of it (once trollied) and your mates not to doctor you. I found the excellent selection of exotic beers and window-shopping more than enough to remain entertained. Have fun.
  9. Spoke to the host not everyone going is smokers so i wont be a outcast, id just hate for it to mess up my future. If i was to go would it be a good idea to inform my recruiter and explain the situation incase something gets picked up?
  10. Ravers

Ravers LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Just go whoring while they are caning the green stuff.

You'll have much more fun.
  11. i got worried cause mates had a smoke at a party and room was full of smoke and i passed ctd o, so just go dont wory about it amsterdam is whore heven, go blow your load before you go to catterick, cause the only thing to blow your load over there is pics of your buds pics of his misses
  12. Think your over worrying.

Don't smoke any weed, don't go to a cafe on a corner and go upstairs and eat cake or bags of mushrooms.

When all your mates are comatosed in a cafe ran by some guy from tunisia just goto a bar, red light district, sex show, madam tussaud or go and sight see, soak the culture up by riding one of them daft bikes around.

Blue light district.
  13. Absinthe, Fairy Liquid or Swarfega? I'm confused.
  14. Yeah, strange that... Same thing happened to me although I kept shouting no mate its Billy not charlie! Think he was looking for a friend... hope he found him!
  15. I know, but it's not just confined to domestic animals, I went into a bar there a few years ago and some bloke kept asking me if I knew what his cock looked like. 8O