Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by Woart, Oct 23, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just completed the WO's cse, what a load of pap. Run by cowboys!

The joy of looking forward to a full in tray on monday.
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I heard it was worse than that!
  3. Define pap.

What was the official aim of the course?

Did it fail to to achieve the aim?

I presume you completed a course validation and suggested improvements?
  4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

By all accounts it was a miss mash of parts of the old SMQC and the EOC course, taught to future Warrant Officers.

When have any validation comments ever made any changes? The people the comments are made at are the ones invariably reading them.

Even the Mess Dinner didnt take place- because 'Some on the course didnt want one' How things have changed.
  5. Without feedback courses will not change - courses are constantly changing (maturing) in one direction or another - fact.

Whilst understanding your frustration, by posting remarks that are "pap" gives me the impression that the person can not enter into a debate that is balanced coupled with will allow future courses to be better run 8)

neanderthal is quite right to ask for the reason for pap so go on commit yourself :twisted:
  6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

They should have Sgts instructing Cpls, SSgts instructing Sgts, WO1s instructing SSgts/WOs. It gives the instructor some credibilty. Unlike some at DMSTC who have very little.
  7. Nonetheless do we not have SNCOs training Officers' - to use your analogy - we would have Maj instructing Capt, Lt Col instructing Majs - etc - that is not reality.

Teaching should not be based on rank, but on experience, god forbid - but suppose we are now in a FST a Theatre Nurse who knows more than a Surgeon - giving him/her advise and that Senior Officer not taking it based on rank :cry:

In the medical services we are unique insofar that in the range of ranks we have a VAST wealth of experience - it is this that makes the DMS - Rank is not a precursor to knowledge.

On balance I understand your point. Work through it
  8. :lol: :lol: a scrub nurse who knows more than the surgeon :lol: :lol:
    please stop, my sides are splitting :lol: :lol:
  9. Only in certain aspects of procedure
    " Sir that's meant to be remain sterile so please don't scratch your arrse with it"
    " Sir I gave you 6 swabs you have only given me 3 back"
    "we started out with 12 mosquito forceps"
    "Haven't you forgotten your trousers?"
    "Remember to tie your laces"
    "You can't smoke that pipe in here"
  10. i think youll find that its usually one of those OTT chappies that does that, the scrub nurses are usually far too busy not knowing what instrument to pass next. :roll:
  11. You as always are right.What was I thinking of?
  12. Please don't pander to him, it'll just boost his ego to newer heights :roll:
  13. Gary J Gothenburg has always been an inspiration to me. 8O
  14. I was gutted when killed him off :( :wink: :D
  15. What he's dead 8O :cry: