AMS - TA PQO Selection and Commissioning Course

Hello ARRSE, from long-time lurker who has finally made the effort to register.

I've done a search and there have been a few threads from a while ago on the subject, but they don't fully answer my question. I've asked the CoC and had pretty mixed messages back too.

I'm a year 4 medical student in a TA unit (or whatever they're called these days), who at the moment has done AOSB briefing but main board yet. I have every intention of commissioning, but I've heard so many different rumours about selection and commissioning as a PQO and I'm just wanting to confirm the process is so I can think about the next steps. The original plan was to do the normal TACC but my holidays didn't agree with it.

As far as I know selection is the same as the rest of the army (AOSB briefing and main board, although I stand to be corrected!) and thereafter there is a short TAPQO commissioning course which can either be done as 4 or 2x2 weeks? I'm also a little confused over where this actually takes place, as I've heard both RMAS and Strensall mentioned.

Sorry to bother you all with what is probably a stupid question, but noone in the CoC seems to have a definitive answer and I've heard a few different things from those in other medical units, so I'd appreciate if anyone could help me out on here.

Awaiting incoming...

Mine, although it was 4.5 years ago
2 weekends at Strenshall, sort of selction weekends with other PQOS
If they recommended you an interview at Strenshall then accepted
I do believe this system has changed and may now be down to one long weekend then interview

The PQO1a at Strenshall 2 weeks and the 2 weeks ta RMAS for PQO1b. I dont think they do the 4 week job as moost people cant take 4 weeks off

The PQO selection weekend ivolved fitness tests so get fit and pass