Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by amsrugby, Jan 22, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought that interested parties might like to know about the success that the AMS Rugby Union Squad is having at the moment. The results speak for themselves:

17 Oct 07 AMS 13 v RAC 11
    14 Nov 07 AMS 32 v Int Corps 7
    5 Dec 07 AMS 7 RSigs 12
    16 Jan 08 AMS 23 v AAC 12

We were only narrowly beaten by a very strong RSigs side and, with just the APTC match to go, we are looking at a high placing in the Corps Merit Table 2. Unfortunately, the maths will probably preclude us from making the promotion playoffs. But a great season anyway!

Next match against the APTC on 20 Feb at Keogh Bks and then we hope to have 2 "friendlys" before the Army V Navy on 3 May. The AMS has an open door policy to players, anyone interested in becoming part of the squad can PM me and I will pass on your name to the head coach.
  2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Great results.
  3. Aye well done fellas, had a few good years like that while I was playing, but always seemed to just miss out on the playoff scenario unfortunately with players being unavailable due to tours etc.

Should beat the APTC, think I only lost once to them in 10 years, up the jumper and muller them in the pack always used to work with them, and keep the drives down tight to the ruck so the big lads (like me) could get there quickly.

Seems that the Corps team is being well run these days with friendlies and all, bet you even get time to train as well these days!!!.

Good luck fellas!!

Stan S (former corps prop)