Amnesty International to leave Hong Kong.

Amnesty International is a global human rights movement of 10 million people, with operations in more than 70 countries. The organisation holds governments around the world accountable to equal standards under international law. Through detailed research and campaigning, they help fight abuses of human rights worldwide. Bring torturers to justice help change oppressive laws, and work to free people who are jailed for voicing their opinion. It seems they now feel unable to continue work in Hong Kong

Amnesty International is a global human rights movement of 10 million people, with operations in more than 70 countries. The organisation holds governments around the world accountable to equal standards under international law. Through detailed research and campaigning, they help fight abuses of human rights worldwide. Bring torturers to justice help change oppressive laws, and work to free people who are jailed for voicing their opinion. It seems they now feel unable to continue work in Hong Kong

Pathetic.
To justify their existence ( and salaries, accommodation , flights , etc ) they will now have to go and pick lower fruit.
Lets see, what Democratic country ( "they are easy to operate in....." ) shall we go and be relevant instead in ?

India ? - Nope, just closed their Office there as it is an 'oppressive' State.

I know - how about UK ....they are an easy touch

Dealing with the past

Wnakers

Hmm.
AI criticized in 2019 for a ' . . . toxic working culture . . . ':

Criticism for it's perceived bias toward non-Western and Western supporting Governments:

and roundly condemned for it's perceived bias toward Israel and tacit support for Palestinian terrorist groups:

Maybe now they'll trim some of the high salaries awarded to their higher levels of management.

“Holding Governments around the World to account”?
That’ll learn them - I suspect China and Russia are trembling in their boots.
Sanctimonious gravy train springs to mind.

Last edited:
Many of AI's members are the Guardianista snowflake types who are anti-West side with the likes of China, Iran and Russia, IMHO. Much like the Graunidad and Independent.

Last edited:

Yokel

LE
I wonder if the agents and friends of Moscow, Beijing, and Tehran have been practising entryism?

Hmm.
AI criticized in 2019 for a ' . . . toxic working culture . . . ':

Criticism for it's perceived bias toward non-Western and Western supporting Governments:

and roundly condemned for it's perceived bias toward Israel and tacit support for Palestinian terrorist groups:

Maybe now they'll trim some of the high salaries awarded to their higher levels of management.

I think that you mean bias against Israel?

“Holding Governments around the World to account”?
That’ll learn them - I suspect China and Russia are trembling in their boots.
Sanctimonious gravy train springs to mind.

Democratic countries, by definition, are the only places were things like lobbying and protests actually work, so the organisation goes for the low hanging fruit.

I used to write to RSA via Amnesty International and put people I hated address on the back

Latest Threads