Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by staaken, Jan 12, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not really surprised to see that Sinn Feinn are no longer in support the legistation as it no longer is of major benefit to them, they want Troops to be charged over shootings in the Province yet don't want their own blokes charged with murder., a case of ' do as i say not as i do'

2. That may work until the Republican 'outrage' is voiced at the alleged change in intentions. Then it's very likely to be another quick about turn and sod logic and concideration for the victims of terrorist outrage.
  3. It was a disgrace to have been presented in the first place.
  4. I thought if they came home were banged up they would only be let out early anyway ?Wouldnt that apply to any squaddy
    as well under the good friday agreement ? Woouldnt have time even to do a OU course . Lots of work for lawyers defending and appealing no justice though :twisted:
  5. Why would they want to come home anyway? They're probably still all in Boston, Mass of Chew Sets USA anyway, still rattling the collection tins and dazzling the septics with their "heroic freedom fighter" blarney.

*Edited/Red Inked for clarity or something. Can't spell Massathingysets either.
  6. But would you want it any other way?

I think/hope British soldiers want their comrades prosecuted IF they have broken the law... As for release of terrorists, well its a bitter pill to swallow for those involved in NI, but I think its the only way forward...