Amnesty Boxes

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by DesktopCommando, Apr 11, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Been informed that there is a DIN somewhere that has a part number for a postbox type Amnesty Box. Anyone got any info on these type ?Cheers
  2. We just use ammo tins with a padlock. (One in fact is just that: There ain't no holes to put rounds in!) :)

Will have a glimpers when I'm back at work to see if there's anything out there.

Phone QMs dept/Ammo techiestypes or steal one?
  3. that be me, got a H83 with hole on top, screwed into floor outside Mag, just know their is something outhere bit more better, as as doing the station Amnesty box, doesnt help when finding bigger stuff appearing next to it.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Best you change it then, PSB.

In July 2011 a new LFSO was published on the management and control of Ammunition Amnesty Boxes in Army barracks. There is a bit more to this than just cutting a slit in the top of an old 81mm mortar box and fi xing on a padlock! LFSO1307 sets out in detail what units are required to do.

Cut and paste but it saves me writing it

JSP 482 Chap 12 Para 5.30 talks about them but doesn't point toward the design though. Helpful as always
  5. Hate to think what bigger stuff must be turning up!! What about a wheelie bin with a flap hatch on the lid- drill the lip so a padlock or two can hold it down. Bin the wheels (pardon the pun) and bolt through the bottom into the ground.

Apologies to Stinker but I was editing when you posted.

Attached Files:

• bin.jpg
      File size:
      4.6 KB
  6. Me change it? - Nah; don't do bringing back ammo - FTFL is the only range procedure to follow. Bollocks to repacking Ammo Techs prefer empty tins to hoover and count!
  7. Give Hereford a ring and ask to use theirs:

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
  8. How am I going to fit an NLAW through that little hole in the top?
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Make a bigger hole in it. That NLAW should do the trick.
    • Like Like x 2
  10. The Irish Guards used to use the bin outside my workshop. The 20 foot walk to the ammo bunker was just too much.
  11. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

When we swapped to the tupperware toy gat there was an MFO case put outside Bn HQ, it was full every morning for 2 weeks and quite a lot of weapon parts were in there!
  12. What did you swap from? :)
    • Like Like x 1
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Must resist the word!