Ammunition weight?

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by ARMY_MAD, Jun 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hey guys,

Apologise if this is in the wrong forum, im looking at upping the weight on my tabs and training when concerning daysacks and webbing. Would anyone be able to tell me how much a 200 round box of 7.62 link weighs? Or 5.56 link infact, im just trying to make up "realistic" weight rather then just chucking dumbells in my daysack.

Cheers

A_M

2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

The side of a 200 link can used to read 17 lbs. That includes the can!

3. 200 rounds of four ball one tracer weighs 5.455kg

(I just weighed some)

The box weighs 1.6 kg and then there are a couple of plastic pieces that separate the belt.

The box of 1B1T I have here says 7.7kg on the side of it which is a bit heavier than the weight as measured, the plastic doesn't weigh that much.

I don't have any 5.56 I'm afraid.

4. In old money the rule of thumb was 18lbs ball & 12lbs blank (7.62mm)

5. Cheers for that fellas, dont suppose anyone has the idea of one magazine? (or six for that matter?) looking at putting something in my ammunition pouches to also match that weight.

Thanks in advance,

A_M

6. Cancel my last, the weight is 0.48kg per magazine, meaning 6 magazines weigh 2.88kg.

A_M

7. If it's for training purposes why not make up some 1,2,5kg weights using sand to fit your pouches & (at this time of year) put 2x 5L containers of fluid in the freezer overnight so that you've got cold liquid to hand while on the hoof? (don't overfill the latter as they'll expand when frozen).