Ammunition Technician Selection

Just on the same Idea, What type of questions do you guys think they will ask me inside of my interview? Will it be the same as my initial one at my assessment centre?
Thanks in advance

Just on the same Idea, What type of questions do you guys think they will ask me inside of my interview? Will it be the same as my initial one at my assessment centre?
Thanks in advance
From an outsiders point of view, you're over thinking this.
There’s no way that anyone can give you advice on what's going to be asked following your presentation, as nobody knows the content.

Using my experience as someone who has carried out many job interviews the only questions I could ask where based on the information provided by the interviewee. So as long as you can provide an answer to any questions based on your brief you'll be good to go.

Chill out, learn your brief and you'll be fine.

Thanks in advance

Why do you want to become an Ammunition Technician?

Did you consider going Officer? If not why not?

What do you know about the history of the trade?

What do you know about the RLC?

There may also be more questions about you, hobbies, sports etc.

Tubbs_1966

Clanker
Do you still do maths tests at AT selection?

I’m just buying some gcse revision books and don’t know if I should go foundation or higher?

Do you still do maths tests at AT selection?

I’m just buying some gcse revision books and don’t know if I should go foundation or higher?

If you have chosen a technical trade such as ammo tech. Then yes, there is a maths test. It was about 50-ish questions long and you have about 45-ish minutes to complete it. Went from easy to hard. Then a few easy ones at the end. Practise adding, subtracting, diving, ratios(a few), fractions( adding and subtracting), algebra(e.g 2x-y=3 choose x and Y values from this list) and some advanced maths like a2+b7= <- I have no clue what that stuff is.

If you are stuck on a question for too long move on. It is better to a question wrong e.g question 15 wrong and get questions 16 and 17 right. If you are running out of time I recommend checking the last few questions of the test I found them easy for some reason.

It sounds scary but it is not that bad. I only have avarage GCSE maths and I got 30 out 50.

Good luck.

Tubbs_1966

Clanker
If you have chosen a technical trade such as ammo tech. Then yes, there is a maths test. It was about 50-ish questions long and you have about 45-ish minutes to complete it. Went from easy to hard. Then a few easy ones at the end. Practise adding, subtracting, diving, ratios(a few), fractions( adding and subtracting), algebra(e.g 2x-y=3 choose x and Y values from this list) and some advanced maths like a2+b7= <- I have no clue what that stuff is.

If you are stuck on a question for too long move on. It is better to a question wrong e.g question 15 wrong and get questions 16 and 17 right. If you are running out of time I recommend checking the last few questions of the test I found them easy for some reason.

It sounds scary but it is not that bad. I only have avarage GCSE maths and I got 30 out 50.

Good luck.
I’ve done the TST test I was just wondering if there’s extra maths test as the ATCAB :)

I’ve done the TST test I was just wondering if there’s extra maths test as the ATCAB :)

Don‘t worry about it if there is, it won’t be any harder than you’ve already done.

As an AT you need to be competent with maths, nothing overly complicated, but you will have to be quick and remember a lot of figures. If you’re not mathematically minded that will be harder to do. Not good if you fück up the safety distance for a weapon, or the NEQ of an explosive storehouse and you really don’t want to get it wrong when calculating someones air reserves in a gas tight suit - that tends to get you filled in.

Tubbs_1966

Clanker
Don‘t worry about it if there is, it won’t be any harder than you’ve already done.

As an AT you need to be competent with maths, nothing overly complicated, but you will have to be quick and remember a lot of figures. If you’re not mathematically minded that will be harder to do. Not good if you fück up the safety distance for a weapon, or the NEQ of an explosive storehouse and you really don’t want to get it wrong when calculating someones air reserves in a gas tight suit - that tends to get you filled in.
I’m a farm pest controller atm so I’m pretty alright at safety distances for civvilian used calibres

I’m not great at maths ngl I’ve not really done any in a few years so I’m just going to brush up on foundation this weekend and then by the higher books

I’m a farm pest controller atm so I’m pretty alright at safety distances for civvilian used calibres

I’m not great at maths ngl I’ve not really done any in a few years so I’m just going to brush up on foundation this weekend and then by the higher books

It sounds like you have some life experience, so you’ll probably do well as an AT, but first you have to pass the course. Don’t worry about the maths too much.

Latest Threads