Ammunition Technician Officer

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Officer Recruiting' started by Bahooey, Mar 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all,

I've been on a Fam visit with the RLC not too long ago and got sponsorship. Are there any ATO's trawling the forums I could chat about the job with?

Its caught my eye, big style. Obviously something looks completely different from the outside than it does from within so is there anyone who could tell me what to expect?

2. K13EOD, EODMatt and Dingerr should be along shortly
    • Like Like x 1
  3. He said RLC ATO, wash your filthy wedge mouth out

4. Lots and lots of exams...
  5. stand by for failure
  6. Thanks for all the information!
  7. X59

X59 LE

Awesome trade to get involved with, but the eternal humiliation of being lumped in with all the rest of the gash that is the RLC !
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Yeah yeah save it for someone who gives a ****. There are good, bad and indifferent within the Corps. Same as most.

I won't argue that we take the thrusting cream of the crop from RMAS, and I won't deny as one of the largest Corps we inevitably pick up some ******* retards.

I am not going to get involved in any stupid inter-corps banter from people who will slate us.

All I'll say is if anyone is thinking about the RLC then they need to get themselves on a FAM visit. If they like it, and feel they get on with the people in the Corps then stick it down as an option when they get to Sandhurst and get on the RMAS visits.

You'll soon work out if the other guys going loggies are the sort you want to work with. In my case they were by and large down to earth, decent guys/girls who I wanted to work with in the future. That's been borne out since I joined the RLC and the guys I'm at regiment with are brilliant.

I personally couldn't give a **** if anyone thinks I'm a REMF, a blanket stacker or any other shit chat they care to throw at me. I'm proud of my Corps, and our service on operations sustaining the rest of the army past and present allowing the blokes with bayonets fixed to do their job.
    • Like Like x 1
  9. sirbhp

sirbhp LE Book Reviewer

when i joined up at the tender age of 17 in 1970 i was asked at the recruiting place we went to for a week, forget where now . But they asked me if I wanted to be an AMMUNITION INSPECTOR. I though about it for a bit and because i didint fancy being in a factory doing quality control on bullets and bombs I said no . Combat Engineer seems much more my cup of tea untill I reached Armored and though that I had died and gone to Alcohol heaven . Funny ole world when you look back innit ?