Ammunition Technician daily life

I'm going to stick my neck out and ask a question about the AT trade. I've read the hundreds of threads, using the search button but haven't found much on the daily life of an AT.

What is the typical daily routine of a new JNCO Ammo Tech? Is it mostly stores and bullet counting?
I'm a rejoiner, so I have some knowledge of Army life.

Many thanks,
Howie

ato.jpg
;)

Well, it's an action packed course, and as a newly you will not be surprised to learn that most of the mong jobs will be you field of expertise.

however for this the Army have a useful guide to newbies which you can download. But this being ARRSE you don't need to actually do this, as it's quite simple. Simply imagine you are afront a mine field, shutting your eyes will give you a chance here to allow your imaginintion to assist here. Then advance with a digit placed in each ear and stamp the ground firmly as you advance.

Joker62

ADC
Book Reviewer
A year ago, I would have said ask I_Even_Disarm _Ducks as he was going through this. He got a couple of cushy trips out of it, then sacked it because it meant that he would've been separated from the Doris he met who was doing the same course. @dingerr will be the man in the know though.

Last edited:
N
Well, it's an action packed course, and as a newly you will not be surprised to learn that most of the mong jobs will be you field of expertise.

however for this the Army have a useful guide to newbies which you can download. But this being ARRSE you don't need to actually do this, as it's quite simple. Simply imagine you are afront a mine field, shutting your eyes will give you a chance here to allow your imaginintion to assist here. Then advance with a digit placed in each ear and stamp the ground firmly as you advance.
No different to my days in the RE then!

Latest Threads