ammunition tech selection

Discussion in 'RLC' started by pvtmccheyne, Aug 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hi guys, ive passed preselection and im going down to adsc this month for selection. My AFCO told me that if i pass i then have to do 2 days of interviews at kineton but he said he doesnt get any info on it until i pass ADSC. does anyone here know what goes on so i can start getting clued up on it.

thanks

2. You will learn the fine art of using a forum search function...

3. Jeez. The youth of today are supposed to PC Savvy.

Check out this page and take a choice of threads.

4. Just go there and say the following answers:
    1. "i like big explosions"
    2. "macgyver is my hero"
    3. "Red blankets covering my grans body"
    4. "iam God".

5. 9 parts of a shell

history of the gun.

Nuff said

6. There are 9 ? :)

7. 1. pointy bit
    2. flat bit
    3. waist bandy thing
    4. sholder
    5-6. two sides (inside and outside)
    7. paint
    8. the box it came in
    9. ???

8/9 that's got to be a pass!

8. You forgot the little bit that goes bang and the big bit that goes BANG because the little bit went bang.
    That makes 10 of the 9 parts.

9. The little bit that goes bang doesnt have to be fitted to a shell for it to be a "shell".

10. Bugger,

Does that mean I only got 9 out of 9? Must try harder next time.

11. No, it means C_D has finally remembered something from his AT course in 1983!!!

;-)

12. right i had alook on the web did a bit of reseaqrch and the parts of a round are as follows i think:
    primer pocket, primer, rim, powder, casing, shoulder, neck, bullet, cannelure.. is that correct?

13. No it's ******* not correct, Flying Felix has correctly highlighted the 8 out 9 parts of a shell and that's all there is to it:

Someone else even managed to get the super duper 10/9 parts of a shell but I suspect they might be an instructor of shells so it doesn't count.

The correct answer for number 9 is- the lid for the box.

How very ******* dare you come in here waffling shit to experienced AT's about shoulders necks and pockets. Are you a ******* drill instructor?

14. [right i had alook on the web did a bit of reseaqrch and the parts of a round are as follows i think:
    primer pocket, primer, rim, powder, casing, shoulder, neck, bullet, cannelure.. is that correct?]

FFS, the question was "parts of a shell"..........................................

The parts of a round are:

ale
    crisps
    dry roasted
    lager (if there are girls)
    banter with barmaid
    lots of cash

How difficult was that?

15. Now you're just showing off.