• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

ammunition tech selection

hi guys, ive passed preselection and im going down to adsc this month for selection. My AFCO told me that if i pass i then have to do 2 days of interviews at kineton but he said he doesnt get any info on it until i pass ADSC. does anyone here know what goes on so i can start getting clued up on it.

thanks

Just go there and say the following answers:
1. "i like big explosions"
2. "macgyver is my hero"
3. "Red blankets covering my grans body"
4. "iam God".

1. pointy bit
2. flat bit
3. waist bandy thing
4. sholder
5-6. two sides (inside and outside)
7. paint
8. the box it came in
9. ???

8/9 that's got to be a pass!

1. pointy bit
2. flat bit
3. waist bandy thing
4. sholder
7. paint
8. the box it came in
9. ???

8/9 that's got to be a pass!
You forgot the little bit that goes bang and the big bit that goes BANG because the little bit went bang.
That makes 10 of the 9 parts.

right i had alook on the web did a bit of reseaqrch and the parts of a round are as follows i think:
primer pocket, primer, rim, powder, casing, shoulder, neck, bullet, cannelure.. is that correct?

right i had alook on the web did a bit of reseaqrch and the parts of a round are as follows i think:
primer pocket, primer, rim, powder, casing, shoulder, neck, bullet, cannelure.. is that correct?
No it's ******* not correct, Flying Felix has correctly highlighted the 8 out 9 parts of a shell and that's all there is to it:

1. pointy bit
2. flat bit
3. waist bandy thing
4. sholder
7. paint
8. the box it came in
9. ???
Someone else even managed to get the super duper 10/9 parts of a shell but I suspect they might be an instructor of shells so it doesn't count.

The correct answer for number 9 is- the lid for the box.

How very ******* dare you come in here waffling shit to experienced AT's about shoulders necks and pockets. Are you a ******* drill instructor?

[right i had alook on the web did a bit of reseaqrch and the parts of a round are as follows i think:
primer pocket, primer, rim, powder, casing, shoulder, neck, bullet, cannelure.. is that correct?]

FFS, the question was "parts of a shell"..........................................

The parts of a round are:

ale
crisps
dry roasted
lager (if there are girls)
banter with barmaid
lots of cash

How difficult was that?

[right i had alook on the web did a bit of reseaqrch and the parts of a round are as follows i think:
primer pocket, primer, rim, powder, casing, shoulder, neck, bullet, cannelure.. is that correct?]

FFS, the question was "parts of a shell"..........................................

The parts of a round are:

ale
crisps
dry roasted
lager (if there are girls)
banter with barmaid
lots of cash

How difficult was that?
Now you're just showing off.

ok i think il just learn as much as a i can about ammunition storage of ammo, types of ammunition, how it all works and parts of everything also a bit of history couldnt be a bad thing

ok i think il just learn as much as a i can about ammunition storage of ammo, types of ammunition, how it all works and parts of everything also a bit of history couldnt be a bad thing
What for? Thats what the course is there for. Dont come across as having an unhealthy interest in Ammo. Believe you me, as far as im concerned fuel goes in my car and fucks my boots up.

Never mind all that - that's what you'll learn at the School. At this stage, concentrate on English, Maths & Science, read a quality paper, have a good overview of what the MOD's problems are, have a good answer for why you want to be an Ammo Tech, buy a suit that fits, learn how to tie a proper knot in a tie, wear shiny polished shoes and no white socks!

Never mind all that - that's what you'll learn at the School. At this stage, concentrate on English, Maths & Science, read a quality paper, have a good overview of what the MOD's problems are, have a good answer for why you want to be an Ammo Tech, buy a suit that fits, learn how to tie a proper knot in a tie, wear shiny polished shoes and no white socks!
Fair advice, but why the newspaper? It's AT selection, not AOSB.

Latest Threads