Ammunition Question

Where do i find out the Shelf Life expectacy for All ammunition. Been on the JSMCR (LIR) site, and can see a few items, but not allMainly after SAA

The ‘Lifed Items Register’ is the appropriate section of the JSMCR. If is not in the JMSCR then it has no published life expiry and wil be constrained when the IPT recieves loads of reports of it failing to function.

Are you having fun with MJDI??

Unfortunately I doubt you can use an anonymous poster on Arrse as a reference. :)

Best I can do is JSP 482 Chap 21 read and enjoy.

Have a browse at your issue vouchers, you should find it on there along with any constraints for that particular BKI.

No it's not stinker. IIRC 900 x 5.56mm in H83 weighs 15.2Kg, fired recovered brass will weigh substantially less.

DC, JSP 482 should guide you.

As for Shelf Life, all ammunition has SLEDs (Shelf Life Expiry Date). It's a management tool, you don't need to worry about it, just monitor and apply the Bans / Constraints applicable to you.

Comply with JSP 482 and expend your earliest dated ammo first, unless a constraint dictates otherwise.

No NSN for brass.

Is this to bring it to account? If so speak to your BOWO for best practice.

No it's not stinker. IIRC 900 x 5.56mm in H83 weighs 15.2Kg, fired recovered brass will weigh substantially less.

DC, JSP 482 should guide you.

As for Shelf Life, all ammunition has SLEDs (Shelf Life Expiry Date). It's a management tool, you don't need to worry about it, just monitor and apply the Bans / Constraints applicable to you.

Comply with JSP 482 and expend your earliest dated ammo first, unless a constraint dictates otherwise.
dingerr you may/may not be aware that MJDI asks this question when inputting ammo.

DC won't have access to AMPs and God only knows when they were last amended.

dingerr you may/may not be aware that MJDI asks this question when inputting ammo.
No I wasn't, I used to receive bans/constraints on a disk whilst in 11 EOD and an ACAS2 update whilst in BATUS.

It seems futile that a system should require all SLED be input, it effectively makes all ammunition at least A2, which would cause problems in itself.

Hopefully there's a NK option when entering data into MJDI.

DC won't have access to AMPs and God only knows when they were last amended.
Nope I asked God; it was so long ago he can't remember.

On a serious note though I doubt they really need amending all that often. New ones for new natures though and amendments in the event of some unplanned unpleasantness occurring with ammuntion.

nope, just got to put a long enough (made up) shelf life in the expiry box, although any unit migrating from Unicom to MJDI will run into this. Doesnt help that you cant issue on Loan any ammuntion that is E1 (MJDI Constraint or Ban) because it stateds its banned, also D stock dont exist, so we have to make it E0, ATO conditions D2 we make it E0,

No I wasn't, I used to receive bans/constraints on a disk whilst in 11 EOD and an ACAS2 update whilst in BATUS. Its all on JSMCR now (although as with the SLR, Pam 46 was better ^^)

It seems futile that a system should require all SLED be input, it effectively makes all ammunition at least A2, which would cause problems in itself. It is causing problems see DC's post @ #18 as an example, I keep getting phone calls about it

Hopefully there's a NK option when entering data into MJDI.

Desktopcommando,

Have you approached the MJDI Business Resolver Group with your queries/problems?