'Ammunition depot fire' in Siberia, Russia

Before and after satellite pics of the site appear to show damage to three separate areas of the storage site.

11111.png
22222.png

Last edited:
D

Deleted 60082

Dumb TV reporter: "My goodness, why did you save your cow?"
Lady Farmer: "It's my cow, I couldn't leave her".

Shades of the opening scene of Chernobyl episode 4.
Exactly the thought I had.

Dumb TV reporter: "My goodness, why did you save your cow?"
Lady Farmer: "It's my cow, I couldn't leave her".

Shades of the opening scene of Chernobyl episode 4.
Dashed clever way to exfiltrate the sabotage team what?
You can see the reporter graduated the same school of thought that they've extended to the BBC though.

Why does the young lady being helped to safety at 0:19 appear to be clutching a large, black marital aid? Her most prized possession?
Carrying an "aid" that size, I'm not surprised she can't walk.

The mucky slut.

Dashed clever way to exfiltrate the sabotage team what?
You can see the reporter graduated the same school of thought that they've extended to the BBC though.
Would this be the same school of thought that produces the following:

Reporter: "So, your wife and family have been raped and murdered, your house destroyed, all your possessions stolen. Can you tell the people at home your feelings right now?"

If it's this place just south of Archinsk then the depot looks like it's in a terrible state to begin with -
I refer the reader to my earlier post re
...and that is why they converted an armoured vehicle (ACRV) into a fire fighting one...

bill121koln

Old-Salt
That might be the least of their problems. The smoke from the fires is posing a serious health problem and is so widespread that it could have a permanent affect on the climate and also affect the weather in Europe.
The way Russia is handling the problem is to say the least chaotic, I hope that that is the only ammo dump in that area.
A golden opportunity for all extinction rebellion members to go to Russia and protest about their latest contribution to climate change.

Robme

LE
Why does the young lady being helped to safety at 0:19 appear to be clutching a large, black marital aid? Her most prized possession?
She’s not married and Stalin himself gave the family one as a gift in return for the 400 family members he had managed to slaughter in the patriotic War.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
Shades of this I wonder..

This subject has been mentioned on the 'Russia Fake News' thread but the footage in this newer video deserves airing.
152mm shells cooking off, apparently. The BBC World Service reported the incident as being at a missile factory.
1.30 in is fairly impressive. Not sure I'd be hanging around to take photos, much as they are interesting.

Bloody hell, that looks almost like a nuke test..

And if we move away from the military sphere, there is virtually no foreign direct investment in Russia; anyone who is anyone in Russia offshores all their wealth into places like Cyprus, Qatar, Moldova, London (sanctions notwithstanding...)
There was quite a bit of optimism and enthusiasm for Russia in the 'Oughties...a lot of American and other firms went in, but after 2011/14, slowly started to pull out and now there's almost zero going in from the U.S. side at least.

The big “slap in the face” moment was when Russia tried to invade Georgia during the Beijing Olympics. Although they managed to seize some territory, the Russian forces had their arses handed to them on a plate.
Russians don't seem to realize how much of a kicking/ bloody nose they will get if they tried to invade the former USSR states, because of the hatred for them. If they ever mess with Poland, boy oh boy, they will see what a bloody nose really means - their real option would mean to just nuke it.

Amazing how our Soviet, errm Russian, errm, no I was right the first time, posters are noticeably absent from this thread regarding their much-loved, (but only by them), Rodina.

One can, I feel, safely assume that the decision as to what the party line is on this latest red "insignificant little oopsy" has yet to be determined and thus they are most certainly not permitted to air their own personal opinions, under pain of a thorough novichoking. The existence of which substance is definitely not proven as it's all a pack of Western lies and anti-Soviet anti-Russian, no, still right the first time, propaganda. Apparently.

But fear not, ye downtrodden Western capitalist peasants, they'll be along shortly to tell us the "truth" about this incident which never happened.

From wiki's List of Russian military accidents

It looks like there's been a good few, safe years between this most recent one.

14 November 2009 – explosion on the outskirts of Ulyanovsk at Arsenal 31, a navy depot. Two firemen died during the decommissioning of munitions.

23 November 2009 – second explosion at Arsenal 31. Eight soldiers died as they removed munitions.

26 May 2011 – explosion in an arms depot in the village of Urman in Bashkortostan. 12 people were injured and 40 buildings damaged. Over 2,000 people were evacuated from the surrounding area. The cause was blamed by an official on the "combustion of gunpowder traces".

2 June 2011 – explosion in an arms depot near the city of Izhevsk. 20,000 inhabitants of the surrounding area had to be evacuated. 95 people were injured in the blast, and two elderly people nearby died of heart attacks possibly caused by the sound of the blast. Windows were shattered up to 10 km away. A discarded cigarette has initially been blamed for the blast.

26 September 2012 – explosion at an arms depot 180 km northwest of Orenburg killed one officer.

October 2012 – explosion at an arms depot in the Orenburg region. 4,000 tons of munitions exploded when a soldier failed to extinguish his cigarette. One officer was injured and inhabitants of the surrounding area had to be evacuated.

18–19 June 2013 – explosion at the Chapaevsk arms depot in the Samara region. 6,000 inhabitants of the surrounding area had to be evacuated. 30 people were injured in the blast caused by the "involuntary" explosion of shells.

5 August 2019 - a military depot exploded near the city of Achinsk, Siberia injuring at least eight people and prompting the evacuation of thousands. Russia’s Defense Ministry said a fire triggered the explosions at a storage facility for gunpowder charges in eastern Siberia’s Krasnoyarsk region. Authorities declared a state of emergency in the region. Air traffic was suspended within 30 kilometers (18.6 miles) of the munitions site. Videos posted by local residents showed powerful explosions sending plumes of black smoke high into the sky. Ammunition depot explosions are not unusual in Russia. After the most recent incident in May 2018, a fire raged for almost a week before water drops from military aircraft and helicopters helped put out the blaze.

Vessels catching fire seems to be a regular occurrence too.

Bloody hell, that looks almost like a nuke test..
It does. I was impressed by the presence of mind of the Dad who told his child to lay down and cover their ears. Not everyone would remember, when caught up with the spectacle of seeing the explosions.

It does. I was impressed by the presence of mind of the Dad who told his child to lay down and cover their ears. Not everyone would remember, when caught up with the spectacle of seeing the explosions.
If it was me, I would be taking a selfie for my insta.. ;)