Ammo Tech

Discussion in 'RLC' started by Magners, May 20, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this is elsewhere but I've had a look and can't find specifics to answer my question.

I'm currently going through my application for the army and looking for my second choice and am interested in this job. I have read 'The Guide' and looked online but going from people doing other jobs I know that these descriptions aren't always completely accurate.

So I was just curious if someone could give me an idea of the actual job description? Many thanks.

2. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

The job description is pretty much bang on, or are you after the "inside" information?

3. Well I guess a general idea of the day to day stuff, is it a reasonably active job or like a desk job?

Cheers

4. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

At entry level you'll be busy either working on repair tasks, combat supply tasks or carrying out EOD duties depending on which unit you are posted to.

Things can slow down as you progress but you can choose to stay at the sharp end if you wish.

5. Thanks General Melchett, information much appreciated.

6. I can't tell you much but the course is good, just get your head in the books during the week and don't overdo it :)