Ammo Tech

Discussion in 'Join the Army - Regular Soldier Recruitment' started by hblock, Nov 18, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I passed my ASDC back in June with a B grade and had my heart set on joining RA . However after talking to my recruitment officer yesterday he has informed me that the RA are not expecting a big intake next year i could still be waiting this time next year to get in and it would be better to look at Trade jobs .

The one job he mentioned that i have taken an interest in is Ammo Tech. I don't really know to much about RL as all my research has been into RA.I've done a bit of research on the mod website etc but it seems quite vague.I'm just after a bit more back ground on the job really , what training u do , promotion prospects etc as my recruiter wants an answer if i fancy it ASAP.

Thanks in advance
  2. What he said!
  3. Cheers fellas ,as am Ammo Tech do u find yourself attached to other regiments round the country or is there just a standard barracks your attached to .

Thanks again in advance
  4. Try a search on the RLC thread, a lot of people have asked the same.

good luck, if you pass AT selection and then the course you won't regret it.

Good luck
  5. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

I was an Armourer in the RAF for 12 years,the chaps are right,it's a great job.Bloody hard & dangerous work but rewarding.Plus on the outside the civvie Police would snap you up!