Ammo Tech Phase 2.

Discussion in 'RLC' started by The_Gdsm, Aug 23, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I recently Finished my phase 2, Did the long course at AFC. Did a years training as a Gdsm. Passed out as a Gdsm. To find myself changed to RLC the trade of Ammo Tech.
    I was wondering if anyone could help me with a few questions as i have next to no knowledge about the job / phase 2.

What is the AT Training like?
    Whats the accomodation like? What will i be looking at?
    Any other tips for starting in 2 weeks.

Seriously, all i know is where to turn up, i got told i might have to fight my way in cause my transfer may not have gone through, so anything will be helpfull.

2. Your transfer wont be complete until you have completed the course, but have you undergone selection yet ?
  3. I dont think im even transferred into the RLC. I stil have all my old regiments headress and No.2 Dress, the lot.

And no i have not yet sat anything specific to AT trade.
  4. You will keep your old headdress and if you are successful, then you will join the RLC.

You are probably going to the school to do ATCAB (Career Advisory Board). They will give you some tests, do some interviews and you will be shown around so you can see what AT's do all day (sitting on their arses or playing cricket, lol)

If you are successful with ATCAB then you will be invited back for Selection which is pretty much the same as ATCAB, (Tests, Interviews)

If you pass selection then you will start your Class 2 course which is 5 weeks at DCMT Shrivenham and 5 months at Kineton.

Accomodation is pretty basic at Kineton with 3 or 4 to a room (if you dont get a bunk) and the food is poor for PAYD (Not the chefs fault though, its those civvy pricks with their beady little eyes on the budget).

Anything else you want to know then PM me
  5. DONT CHANGE YOUR HEAD DRESS! The Blue-Red -Blue will protect you throughout your career, and beyond. Nuff said!

6. What is the AT Training like?
    Whats the accomodation like? What will i be looking at?

Any other tips for starting in 2 weeks.

If you're seriously asking questions such as above you are heading down the wrong CEG route! AT is not something we do coz we don't like Ceremonial, Red Tunics and Bearskin Hats! And, we don't do it because someone else thinks it's a good idea and that "you should go for it"!

As the saying goes "fail to prepare, prepare to fail"!

If you do go ahead, I look forward to meeting you.
  7. General Melchett

General Melchett LE Moderator

So how did you find yourself changed from Guards to RLC and an AT at that?

You'll do an ATCAB and then the AT selection. After that it's a case of knuckling down to study and passing your exams on course.
  8. I didnt join cause i dont like ceremonial, Red tunics and bearskins!
    I had to transfer out of the infantry due to injury and AT was the only job that really appealed to me! but i only got told about life in EOD..
    I just wanted to know some info about stuff along the way!
  9. Sorry to hear about your injury. Did you pass ATCAB?