• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Ammo Tech, Minimum Grades and Training Intakes

I asked my ACIO if i had the grades to select ammo tech as one of my job choices and he told me, as i dont have the required grades. The profile on Armyjobs says i need a C in maths and "one of physics, science or integrated science" i have a a C in maths, C in physics, a C biology and a B in chemistry, surely that is good enough isnt it?

or is it a case of there are no intakes for a while or the jobs are overmanned and he is trying to get me to choose something else so i get in quicker?

edit to include grades

Trooper_Sefton said:
I asked my ACIO if i had the grades to select ammo tech as one of my job choices and he told me, as i dont have the required grades. The profile on Armyjobs says i need a C in maths and "one of physics, science or integrated science" i have a C in physics, a C biology and a B in chemistry, surely that is good enough isnt it?

or is it a case of there are no intakes for a while or the jobs are overmanned and he is trying to get me to choose something else so i get in quicker?
WHATS YOUR MATHS???

Right, I had a very similar problem. I wanted to be an Armourer I had the right GCSE's and BARB score for it but for some reason it didn't come through on my list of jobs. As it turned out the database didn't understand my individual sciences so my recruiting Sgt. replaced them with just "Science" and tried that and it worked I got 11 more choices. Call him and ask about doing that ! Another one they have problems with is "English" needs to be written as "English Language"

Benzoate said:
Right, I had a very similar problem. I wanted to be an Armourer I had the right GCSE's and BARB score for it but for some reason it didn't come through on my list of jobs. As it turned out the database didn't understand my individual sciences so my recruiting Sgt. replaced them with just "Science" and tried that and it worked I got 11 more choices. Call him and ask about doing that ! Another one they have problems with is "English" needs to be written as "English Language"
.... and oh my - do you need English Language! :lol:

Latest Threads