Ammo Tech kiddy fiddling

2 days slow. That's quick for a driver.

2 days slow. That's quick for a driver.
You're right - it's not as quick as the ATs leaving the BSN ASP...............

Seriously, I hope nobody was badly hurt.

He was sent home from Afghanistan, arrested and charged with sexual activity with a child and two counts of inciting a child to engage in sexual activity.
And yet I still have more respect for him than most of the RLC.

And yet I still have more respect for him than most of the RLC.
Glad I didn't know him personally, still makes me feel somewhat tarnished as an Ammo Tech.

So how good are these psychometric tests that ATs have to do before they go for their trade? Or don't they do those any more?

'Britain is a Nation of Paedophiles' to paraphrase. What a numpty sending a 12 year old explicit messages, especially on tour using paradigm. Unless he had a private paid for connection, but doesn't make it any better.

So how good are these psychometric tests that ATs have to do before they go for their trade? Or don't they do those any more?
Last I heard they are done prior to first EOD course, but I can't ever remember there being questions along the lines of 'do you fiddle with young children?'

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Last I heard they are done prior to first EOD course, but I can't ever remember there being questions along the lines of 'do you fiddle with young children?'
They didn't ask me what I was into prior to the AES dog handler's course.

Thankfully.

That's why they are called 'psychometric tests' and not just 'questions'. If you were asked 'do you fiddle with young children?' what would be your response, even if you did? The idea is to tease out the psychological profile of those being tested, even if they are trying to hide what they don't think the tester wants to find out.

So if the question was posed, and the answer given was "yes I fiddle with young children". What would the tester decide was the case? a) This man is a fantasist, b) this man is a squaddie with the appropriate sense of humour, c) this man is a potential child molester but honest with it, or d) all of the above?

The trouble with trick cyclists is that their viewpoint seems to be subjective. Few other trades are given so much scrutiny. If that is the case, how many others have slipped through the 'psychometric net'?

we have psychometric tests in our trade. One i remember they put a Jerrican of unleaded petrol next to your car with the car filler cap open and a plastic Coke bottle fashioned into a funnel. You are left alone for 5 mins and the 3 blokes in white coats stand at the edge of the car park with clip boards watching. If you close the cap and place the Jerrican away from the car you are sent to the RMP, if you proceed to fill your car with the jerrican and then throw the now empty can into the nearest skip for it to catch fire a few days later your made a WO1 straight away.

Drivers_lag

On ROPS
On ROPs
Quite right, after all the handler is only a Batman for the dog!
That's actually pretty close to the truth.

Unlike the police, (who's dogs aren't half as good as they would have you believe) who train dog and handler together, army dog handlers are given a fully trained dog and trained to handle it.

I've got the world's most stupid dog which I can't do a lot with. Partly because she's half staff... which is one thick dog, and partly because I was a handler, not a TRAINER.