Ammo Boxes

#1
Any ideas where you can get hold of surplus 7.62 ball ammo boxes? A friend is looking for one to use as a tool box to mount onto his panniers on his trans alp.
 
#3
they are an accountable item i seem to remember within uk certainly.

herrick have thousands of the things lay strewn around.

all the best.
 
#4
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
they are an accountable item i seem to remember within uk certainly.

herrick have thousands of the things lay strewn around.

all the best.
I don't believe they are accountable, despite the best efforts of the storeman to try and convince me otherwise.

msr
 
#5
I've never nicked any off the ranges, but they are never counted or checked so if your really wanted one...
 
#6
They are accountable!

Ammo accounts on UNICOM automatically issue the box as well as the ammo on the 8227 and expects the box to be recovered afterwards.

It is a pain in the arse, but not as much as trying to explain the whereabouts of hundreds of ammo boxes to the LSI Team.
 
#8
msr said:
A_Knocker_Till_The_End said:
they are an accountable item i seem to remember within uk certainly.

herrick have thousands of the things lay strewn around.

all the best.
I don't believe they are accountable, despite the best efforts of the storeman to try and convince me otherwise.

msr
If I had been the storeman trying to convince you that they ARE accountable, I would have simply got the QM to have a word - sure you would have been convinced within seconds then! What makes you think you know better than the storeman?
 
#9
blimey chill out norman!!

blimey! everyone knows there is two storeman, one you know who does things for 'mates' and the ********!!

i've got one for me tools and i literally just asked the QM! said it was for tools so i werent lying just he said i'd have to paint it green!
 
#11
Rockhopperst4 said:
Anchor Supplies in Ripley have stillages full of the things.

http://www.anchorsupplies.com/h83.htm
Thanks for the pic. Thank God it is the Mk2 version! Think I will save it for my desk top on my compooter. You don't happen to have any pics of of American boxes M2 or M19A1 do you?
 
#12
Flying Felix said:
They are accountable!

Ammo accounts on UNICOM automatically issue the box as well as the ammo on the 8227 and expects the box to be recovered afterwards.

It is a pain in the arse, but not as much as trying to explain the whereabouts of hundreds of ammo boxes to the LSI Team.
What happens to the box? Presumably it is sold as scrap?

msr
 
#15
msr said:
Flying Felix said:
They are accountable!

Ammo accounts on UNICOM automatically issue the box as well as the ammo on the 8227 and expects the box to be recovered afterwards.

It is a pain in the arse, but not as much as trying to explain the whereabouts of hundreds of ammo boxes to the LSI Team.
What happens to the box? Presumably it is sold as scrap?
msr
Nooooooooooo! Much of the time the Ammunition Container is more expensive than the ammo it contains 8O
 
#16
There were vast amounts of them in Kineton in an open area on the way down to the lake. I thought some of the ammo techs were building a house with them as they nicked so many.
 
#17
stacker1 said:
There were vast amounts of them in Kineton in an open area on the way down to the lake. I thought some of the ammo techs were building a house with them as they nicked so many.
I doubt that they were nicking loads, it would be rather sad to prof loads of ammo boxes and hold them in reserve until needed; after all we don't have to account for boxes.

You'll find they were probably taking the boxes to fraction or repack ammo.
 
#18
#19
msr said:
dingerr said:
after all we don't have to account for boxes.
Flying Felix said:
They are accountable!
JSPs at dawn?

msr
Naughty, Naughty MSR, dragging those comments out of context.

We (as in Ammo Techs) don't account for boxes in depots. Units have to account for boxes.
 
#20
dingerr said:
stacker1 said:
There were vast amounts of them in Kineton in an open area on the way down to the lake. I thought some of the ammo techs were building a house with them as they nicked so many.
I doubt that they were nicking loads, it would be rather sad to prof loads of ammo boxes and hold them in reserve until needed; after all we don't have to account for boxes.

You'll find they were probably taking the boxes to fraction or repack ammo.
HMMMM and nothing to do with the fact army/navy stores will buy them of you for a few quid, after all they need the money it being such slow promotion.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
admin vortex Classified Ads 6
Fireplace The NAAFI Bar 13
bibo_boy The Training Wing 0

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top