Ammo Boxes

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Pielover, Apr 19, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Any ideas where you can get hold of surplus 7.62 ball ammo boxes? A friend is looking for one to use as a tool box to mount onto his panniers on his trans alp.
  2. High street surplus shops seem to do them.
  3. they are an accountable item i seem to remember within uk certainly.

herrick have thousands of the things lay strewn around.

all the best.
  4. msr

msr LE

I don't believe they are accountable, despite the best efforts of the storeman to try and convince me otherwise.

5. I've never nicked any off the ranges, but they are never counted or checked so if your really wanted one...
  6. They are accountable!

Ammo accounts on UNICOM automatically issue the box as well as the ammo on the 8227 and expects the box to be recovered afterwards.

It is a pain in the arse, but not as much as trying to explain the whereabouts of hundreds of ammo boxes to the LSI Team.
  7. That is a bit of a heavy tool box to bung on with panniers. OK for in a garage, but way too heavy to be lugging about. He'd rattle a bit with it too.
  8. If I had been the storeman trying to convince you that they ARE accountable, I would have simply got the QM to have a word - sure you would have been convinced within seconds then! What makes you think you know better than the storeman?
  9. blimey chill out norman!!

blimey! everyone knows there is two storeman, one you know who does things for 'mates' and the ********!!

i've got one for me tools and i literally just asked the QM! said it was for tools so i werent lying just he said i'd have to paint it green!
  10. Thanks for the pic. Thank God it is the Mk2 version! Think I will save it for my desk top on my compooter. You don't happen to have any pics of of American boxes M2 or M19A1 do you?
  11. msr

msr LE

What happens to the box? Presumably it is sold as scrap?

12. Ask your PSAO is that not the advice you normally give!!
    Ha Ha
  13. They get backloaded to Longtown for refurbishment and reuse, or disposal.
  14. Nooooooooooo! Much of the time the Ammunition Container is more expensive than the ammo it contains 8O