Ammo boots

does anyone know where i can get a reasonably priced pair of hobnailed ammo boots in good condition?

(apologies if this is the wrong section)

if you look about on arrse theres a guy selling them bulled with toecap and studs and all that for i think £80 if thats any help

thanks ill have a look
but not being a cnut but i like to bull things myself

No sorry I have waxed and polished a few pairs recently but i do know of a few places that do.
the guy who started this link does
http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=66536.html

and here on the army's' everything must go web site
http://www.edisposals.com/is-bin/IN...yID=gWvAqBELr9kAAAEEZDOFI1sm&JumpTo=OfferList

new boots on ebay size 9 and 11 here

http://search.ebay.co.uk/_W0QQsassZmole0969QQhtZ-1

you can get the decent polishing cloth from here
http://www.militarykit.com/products/raven_system/selvyt_polishing_cloth.htm

There are a lot of pairs on ebay under ammo boots it is worth a look

thank you butler these links are very helpful.
(placing order now as it happens.)

I've seen on television and the internet that on some parades eg. the Sovereigns Parade at RMAS that the entire part of the boot that is showing has been bulled, yet I've always heard that its only the toe and the heel that are bulled. Whats the actual regulation?

-PAN

If it was BCH heels, Arch(in case you fainted showed you had clean boots) even though they were trashed before you got onto parade and all round until 4 eyelet as this is were your trousers should have came to

personally i do the whole boot, looks so much better as well as showing dedication to turnout.

Lance_Bombardier said:
personally i do the whole boot, looks so much better as well as showing dedication to turnout.

In my day we would call you,
ARMY BARMY!

Was a Boy Soldier in 1960´s We bulled all night some times, and now my Bulling finger has rheumatism, can´t even pick my nose now.
:wink: :wink:

thats me!, soon as i leave cadets joining the Artillery

My Battery is currently on The Queens Ceremonial Public Duties in central
London. And believe me when i say the whole boot is Beeswaxed and highly bulled.... :wink:

dance_with_the_devil said:
My Battery is currently on The Queens Ceremonial Public Duties in central
London. And believe me when i say the whole boot is Beeswaxed and highly bulled.... :wink:
I agree the whole boot is also good for show parades and cadre courses it presents them well. :D

crow_bag said:
But doing to whole boot is far too keen and it knackers your anckles burning them down too far up (if that makes sense)
just zinc oxide your heels and balls of your feet, and wear a thin sports sock
then a good loop stitch sock, no probs you can do drill and stand there for hours.... :wink:

A good bit of foot prep, goes along way believe me... :wink:

crow_bag said:
But doing to whole boot is far too keen and it knackers your anckles burning them down too far up (if that makes sense)
Try taking them off and packing them with paper that won't singe your hairs. :D

crow_bag said:
the_butler said:
crow_bag said:
Try taking them off and packing them with paper that won't singe your hairs. :D
Haha comedy gold, didn't think the Donkey Wallopers had a sense of humour
No no you are right they don't.

Quick question on this eternal ammo boot debate.
I have a pair of ammo boots that have seen better days (big chip out of one of the toe caps and generally scuffed).

Now, i have recently aquiered these. Can they be brought back to their original glassy state or will they need to be re beeswaxed?

Any ideas fellas?

No need to re beeswax but if the surface is pitted And filling in is not an option take all the polish off back down to the leather carefully using a sharp-ish blade. Then a good brush polish and start from scratch. What a lot of people think is that the deep shine is the beeswax layered on thick what the beeswax actually does is soak into the leather to create a rigid surface so when you layer the polish on it is a little more resistant to cracking. once you have a decent amount of layers your boots will look brand new and you can be proud that you did a proper job. Don't forget to wear them once you have them bulled up to re affirm your natural creases. Brush polish, then bull again and then when you parade in them they will crack less. :D

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Military Clothing & Boots 48
Anox Military Clothing & Boots 17
Y Military Clothing & Boots 13