Ammo Boots

#1
Does anyone know where I can buy a new pair of ammo boots? Also, do they come pre-shined to a high standard and, if not, where are the best places to go to get them looking good?

I am getting married in May and would like to wear some decent boots as opposed to just bulling issued ones.
 
#2
flea bay ? :?
 
#4
If i remember correctly im sure there is at least one or two members on here that offer a beeswaxing service, which is what you want for a good shine,
As for the ammo boots not entirely sure where to find them although i managed to find a seller using google.

a quick google search showed up this seller.
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/squaddiekit__W0QQ_armrsZ1

maybe not the best place, but if you use the shopping function on google search it should help narrow down results.
 
#5
Have tried Ebay mate, didn't have any joy there. Found one company that does second hand boots 'in excellent condition' but then the descriptions go on to say how they're missing several studs etc.

No Guardsmen round here unfortunately!

I haven't looked in Soldier mag yet...
 
#6
tank6275 said:
If i remember correctly im sure there is at least one or two members on here that offer a beeswaxing service, which is what you want for a good shine,
As for the ammo boots not entirely sure where to find them although i managed to find a seller using google.

a quick google search showed up this seller.
http://stores.shop.ebay.co.uk/squaddiekit__W0QQ_armrsZ1

maybe not the best place, but if you use the shopping function on google search it should help narrow down results.
Cheers Tank that looks pretty good, will explore further.
 
#8
Hasnt the beeswaxing of boots been done to death here? With the smoothing of the leather process before the beeswaxing which shrinks and hardens the leather beforehand?
 
#9
I think the_butler still posts here, although he calls himself T_B or something after his spat with Fally, he knows about bulling footwear (sorry I can't be more specific)
 
#10
There's some place called squaddiekit that sell patent leather ammo boots. Not seen them in the flesh so don't know if they are made in sweatshops from recycled cardboard.
 
#12
auscam said:
I think the_butler still posts here, although he calls himself T_B or something after his spat with Fally, he knows about bulling footwear (sorry I can't be more specific)
Yes I am still here and still beeswaxing kit.
 
#14
saladdoger said:
http://www.sofmilitary.co.uk

They have brand new boots in the military boot section.

You will have to put in the hard work you self but no need to smooth the leather with a hot spoon.
Or pay the_butler to do it for you.

Shameless plug but my mess wellies are awesome.
 
#15
A brand new pair of ammo's are quite horrible to look at, the soles are single layer and you look like coco the clown, get them doubled or trebled up. This gives the boot rigidity and wont allow them to bend and crack your hard work. All the leather is dimpled other than the toe cap, all the dimples need smoothing down before waxing and bulling.

Bollocks, borrow a pair.
 
#16
General Melchett said:
There's some place called squaddiekit that sell patent leather ammo boots. Not seen them in the flesh so don't know if they are made in sweatshops from recycled cardboard.
Funnily enough my brand spankers new pair of ammo boots arrived from them today! They look pretty smart.
 
#17
the_butler said:
auscam said:
I think the_butler still posts here, although he calls himself T_B or something after his spat with Fally, he knows about bulling footwear (sorry I can't be more specific)
Yes I am still here and still beeswaxing kit.
Whereabouts are you and how much do you charge? I have a stick of beeswax that I can supply if that makes it any cheaper!
 
#19
Jonathan_C said:
the_butler said:
auscam said:
I think the_butler still posts here, although he calls himself T_B or something after his spat with Fally, he knows about bulling footwear (sorry I can't be more specific)
Yes I am still here and still beeswaxing kit.
Whereabouts are you and how much do you charge? I have a stick of beeswax that I can supply if that makes it any cheaper!
HCR Windsor
Depends on the style of boot.
My wax is...erm.....issue these days.

I am quite interested to know if anyone has a pair of these patent leather ammo boots, they sound rather good and a reasonable price compared to the cost of waxing.
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
H Military Clothing & Boots 48
Anox Military Clothing & Boots 17
Y Military Clothing & Boots 13

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top