Ammo boots and Issued boots.

Hello,first time poster so don’t verbally destroy me for asking, however I did make sure to browse for an answer first.

Can anybody tell me what regiments other than guardsmen still are issued ammo boots? I heard they were phased out, however I always thought that ceremonially they’re quite cool. In addition to that, is it something that you’re allowed to privately buy if not issued to then wear on any no2 occasion? Or does everything and everyone need to be uniform?

Many thanks in advance.

Forrest Gump

Old-Salt
These were the best boots I ever used.. ok they ain’t ammo boots like but 67 dated us jungles. Lightweight and breathable.

Attachments

• 7289CA9F-43EF-42B3-A683-366F37577CCB.jpeg
    7289CA9F-43EF-42B3-A683-366F37577CCB.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 71

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
These were the best boots I ever used.. ok they ain’t ammo boots like but 67 dated us jungles. Lightweight and breathable.

I never got on with them, I have a narrow heel and found that with those boots the insole would gradually work it's way out past my heel and out of the boot. Comfy and perfect for the job for the location I was in (Africa), but only as long as I could keep the insole in place for.

which was about half an hour

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer

Forrest Gump

Old-Salt
I never got on with them, I have a narrow heel and found that with those boots the insole would gradually work it's way out past my heel and out of the boot. Comfy and perfect for the job for the location I was in (Africa), but only as long as I could keep the insole in place for.

which was about half an hour
They come in three widths for your feet. Maybe the wrong width for you. Pity that. I didn’t use the original ones myself. I took insoles from a pair of trainers instead. Good boots for a warm place. A lot of folk ask me what they are(civvies) they never seen em before.

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
They come in three widths for your feet. Maybe the wrong width for you. Pity that. I didn’t use the original ones myself. I took insoles from a pair of trainers instead. Good boots for a warm place. A lot of folk ask me what they are(civvies) they never seen em before.

I need a wide fitting, but my heel is exceptionally narrow in comparison to the rest of the foot. For some reason the jungle boots were the only ones I had that particular issue with.

Forrest Gump

Old-Salt
I need a wide fitting, but my heel is exceptionally narrow in comparison to the rest of the foot. For some reason the jungle boots were the only ones I had that particular issue with.
Hmmm I take a US 10wide..uk 9. If your still thinking of using them get the next size up from uk size. There is also two types of sole. The original vibram which looks like an old commando sole and the new ones which had a sole called the Panama sole. I had a pair of them too but I preferred my older ones. Maybe something in that or the yanks have weird feet, you ever seen deliverance.

Had a few pair in my day in hot leafy lands. Excellent boots and worth their weight in gold if you've got the ones with the steel insert in the sole. They must not bull their boots in the British Army as the illustrated jungles are crying out Kiwi, Kiwi? :?

I wore ammo boots a fair bit as they were smart as fcuk for parades, when they were not so smart however was on an icy day Jan 94 getting married to Mrs RM V1.0 where in full No1 dress I looked more like Robin Cousens on a fancy dress do!

Forrest Gump

Old-Salt
Had a few pair in my day in hot leafy lands. Excellent boots and worth their weight in gold if you've got the ones with the steel insert in the sole. They must not bull their boots in the British Army as the illustrated jungles are crying out Kiwi, Kiwi? :?
Oh I like the worn in look bro…all them scuffs n’ worn bits tell a story… mine are spike protective… best boots I’ve had. Just can’t bring myself to polish em and hide all them little experiences. ✌

theoriginalphantom

MIA
Book Reviewer
I wore ammo boots a fair bit as they were smart as fcuk for parades, when they were not so smart however was on an icy day Jan 94 getting married to Mrs RM V1.0 where in full No1 dress I looked more like Robin Cousens on a fancy dress do!
Our PSI did a fantastic riverdance on Rememberance Day when he found that metal manhole cover.

Stayed upright mind you, not even gravity was going to get in his bad books.