Ammo boot Scrounger

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by mack1966, Feb 7, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Guys, I’ve had a request to source 20 pairs of ammo boots, FREE OF CHARGE for an Army Cadet Band detachment. The cadets and adult staff are all very dedicated. The problem is, if these guys want any kit, other than very basic uniform, which is normally gash or buckshee kit supplied by the army on very rare occasions, they have to buy it themselves! As you know ammo boots are a rear thing, free ammo boots more so! However, I’m asking for a bit of charity here, if you have a pair and you don’t want them, could you let me know and I’ll see how to get them to the cadets. Any size, almost any condition!

I know this probably isn’t the right forum, but I’m assuming it’s the most popular, hence the post!

2. Tell Lord Sugar to stop taking the piss.

You're fired.

3. I've posted it in the kit section too! Thanks for the support! Lord Sugar says "Fuck off!"

• Like Like x 1
  4. Why don't you give them normal boots?

Why the fuck would they want to wear ammo boots?!?! They'll only slip over on them and smash their instruments up.

5. Just trying to do what I failed to in the Regs, "Do as you're told and sort it!"

6. That's the shittest excuse ever. Common sense dictates that kids shouldn't be wearing ammo boots. They'll be bad for their feet, and they'll hurt themselves.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Apparently not, they don't fund "footware"!

8. My centiments exactly, however, I have to try, once I've had a torrent of qbuse and a few polite "No's" I'll call it a day and move on!

9. So why not have the balls to say to whomever is asking you to blag them "fuck that, they'll hurt themselves"

I'm sure the parents wouldn't be too chuffed with their kids wearing them either.

10. I have no idea how the county" fund works, I was told there was no cash available but boots were needed! I've got a meeting tonight, I'll ask the question. The cadets in this detachment come from a very "disadvantaged" area, I'm not talking Somalia here, but its not Kingston on Thames either. I think even a tenner would be a stretch for most!

11. It's "Kingston Upon Thames" if you please.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Originally Posted by mack1966

My centiments exactly
    So why not have the balls to say to whomever is asking you to blag them "fuck that, they'll hurt themselves"

I'm sure the parents wouldn't be too chuffed with their kids wearing them either.

Had my balls seperated from me by the SSM while I was in, he gave them to the wife, who then buggered off with them to live with another guy! I guess its because he's now got two sets of balls!

13. You do realise that it's the ACF. You're all a bunch of civvys trying to play soldiers and finger small children.

Rank really doesn't mean anything.

Grow a set.

14. By gad, you're right sir! I shall! Has anyone got any rooting compound? Or do I have to try a different forum?