Amir Khan

Has he run anyone over recently?

Just don't be using pedestrian crossings when he is around.

I rate him well, both as a boxer and a bloke.

He's what we call in Lancashire. 'proper'. He's very well respected round Bolton and East Lancashire/Mancs.

British lad with Asian roots. If everyone thought like him, there'd be a lot less drama.

Er, no. Amir Khan ran a chap over on a pedestrian crossing; Naseem Hamed nearly killed someone else and spent a short time residing in one of the less salubrious residences in HMQ's property portfolio as a result (IIRC, there was some fuss about how little time he spent inside).

I, like most arrsers, don't personally know him so whether he is a good person or not is subjective.
Celebrities of any genre have thier flaws, foibles and good traits just like the rest of us.
What I never assume is that because a person is well know, he/she are paragons of virtue.
An awful lot of so called "stars" are self-centred, publicity seeking narcissists and their public persona belies their character which often fools the sheep like masses.
However, a few are "good" people who happen to be persons of note in their particular field.
........ There endeth the first lesson.

I for one would have possibly the slightest bit of respect for him if not for the fact that after running someone over, who never fully recovered and died a couple of years after he was then caught speeding yet again. Most people would have viewed destroying someone's life due to speeding as a lesson to pull their head out of their backside and drive sensibly, fast forward a few months and the bellend was caught doing 140+ on the motorway.

I, like most arrsers, don't personally know him so whether he is a good person or not is subjective.
Celebrities of any genre have thier flaws, foibles and good traits just like the rest of us.
What I never assume is that because a person is well know, he/she are paragons of virtue.
An awful lot of so called "stars" are self-centred, publicity seeking narcissists and their public persona belies their character which often fools the sheep like masses.
However, a few are "good" people who happen to be persons of note in their particular field.
........ There endeth the first lesson.

Surely whether a person is 'good' is largely objective, whether you like them or not is the subjective bit.
I look at celebrities from the opposite direction to you- I assume they are all cnuts. Most people I know think the same way.
But Amir Khan isn't a vacuous celebrity, known for being known, he's a fine sportsman.

JAD

LE
He soon ditched those who helped him get that leg up in the early days. Ask Mick Jelley, who is still working the ABC circuit in Bury, not for the money but for the love of the sport of gentlemen, well into his retirement.

Gout Man

LE
Book Reviewer
Did he win his last fight? I thought he was fighting a week or two ago but having heard anything since.

Could be a good match, I hope they get it on.

It wont be a good match I'm afraid.

Mayweather will easily dispose of Mr Khan, as 1) He is simply too good a boxer to be troubled by a fighter of Khans ability and 2) Khan has a glass jaw and you cannot hope to compete at that level without getting hit.

Shame because he is very good, just not good enough.

It wont be a good match I'm afraid.

Mayweather will easily dispose of Mr Khan, as 1) He is simply too good a boxer to be troubled by a fighter of Khans ability and 2) Khan has a glass jaw and you cannot hope to compete at that level without getting hit.

Shame because he is very good, just not good enough.

Hench the "could be" and not a "will be" but if Khan can keep moving................ not sure about the glass jaw, he's taken some good hits.

Latest Threads