• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Amerika Bomber destroyed by the French

What's this I heard about the French commando's destroying one of the German Amerika Bombers towards the end of world war two? Surely not. :?

Was this on C5 or the Hitl..errrrrr History channel?

As far as I was always aware, the New York Bombers were never built. Was there a partially built mockup?

Vaughany said:
No I mean the actual horten and messerschmidt prototypes and there machine tooling stuff.
I say again, these were never built, wind tunnel suitcase sized models yes, full sized prototypes no. File under the 'SS escaped to a secret base under Antarctica', Nazi UFO's & experiments in Time Travel.

DEAR GOD MAN!!!!!?!!? 8O The NAZI's had time experiments. I know they had flying saucers but time experiments. We would have been foo*ed if Hitler went back and brought back a dinosaur.

I refer you to www.luft46.com it says at least something about the French.

Vaughany said:
DEAR GOD MAN!!!!!?!!? 8O The NAZI's had time experiments. I know they had flying saucers but time experiments. We would have been foo*ed if Hitler went back and brought back a dinosaur.
They did - you evidently missed Channel 5's special on Nazi Dinosaurs – a Tyrannosaurus with a Big Swastika on its midriff, used only once against the Russkies on Seelow heights, not very effective against a T34/85 I am afraid and kept a company of Ivans fed for a month.

And spending time on www.luft46.com is an indicator that you need a Girl freind

Yeah. I know :cry:

But didn't the Russians try to counter this by sending in suicide bomber dogs? I thought that the big scaley bipod ate all the dogs like in Jurrasic Park 2.
Thats actually a documentry but because it's got Hollwood celebrities in it people think it didn't happen.

I have been lead to believe that the German metolology would not enable them to build a jet engine that could stay in the air for the length of time it would take to fly there and back.

JUMO The Junkers Jumo 004 is often remembered as a temperamental and failure-prone powerplant. Despite its advanced design, engine life was only between 10 and 25 hours, with the mean being at the lower end of this range. These failures were anticipated to some extent and the Me 262 was designed to permit extremely rapid engine changes.
http://www.stormbirds.com/project/technical/technical_3.htm

Bit of a disadvantage having to change engines in flight.

Wasn't it only the Arado A.555 that had the 004's. Horten were designing there own and messerschmidt already had their prototypres in production which is when the French burst in and ruined the Germans party.

Parisian party poopers :evil:

Vaughany said:
Wasn't it only the Arado A.555 that had the 004's. Horten were designing there own and messerschmidt already had their prototypres in production which is when the French burst in and ruined the Germans party.

Parisian party poopers :evil:

YOU STOP IT NOW!! They were not built! Go and find your self a Girl or go for a long run.

Vaughany said:
What's this I heard about the French commando's destroying one of the German Amerika Bombers towards the end of world war two? Surely not. :?
You have to know it's a lie. French commando and war are mutually exclusive words. We all know that the cheese-eating surrender monkies capitulated at the beginning of the war, so the chances of there being any at the end of the war to capture anything other than headlines is extremely limited. :twisted:

SamCaine said:
Vaughany said:
You have to know it's a lie. French commando and war are mutually exclusive words. We all know that the cheese-eating surrender monkies capitulated at the beginning of the war, so the chances of there being any at the end of the war to capture anything other than headlines is extremely limited. :twisted:
On that note, can anyone ever remember the French winning anything apart from football?

SamCaine said:
Vaughany said:
For your information:

Second Maitre Balloche (PO), Free French Navy, No.10 (Inter-Allied) Commando, receiving the Military Medal from Lord Mountbatten for his action during the Dieppe raid in 1942.

Second Maitre Balloche MM

The proposal from Lord Mountbatten:

No.10 (Inter-Allied) Commando, Fighting French Troop, att 4 Cdo

Military Medal

Sjt Balloche was attached to No.4 Commando during the recent operations at Dieppe.
He was attached to one of my Troops and played a conspicuous part in searching and
occupation of the village of Le Haut, which lies within close proximity to the German
Heavy Battery at Varengeville. He proved of great assistance to the Troop Leader,
who could not speak French, and having gained the information required, he
subsequently went into action and, with the rest of the troop, inflicted heavy
casualties on the enemy. I have great pleasure in recommending Sjt Balloche
for a Military Medal, or some other suitable award.

PS: In Dieppe, Balloche, a very small man, killed a German MG crew using his razor in close combat.

Latest Threads