Americas Army - PC game

Not bad once you get into it, but you have to complete lots of training missions before you can play online, which gets really tedious - its like sitting through your IDT's with a moronic yank talking non-stop.

If you want a quick fix couter-strike source is a better if more unrealistic bet. Other games worth a look are battlefield 2 if your PC has the HP and Swat 4 if you prefere a slower pace that doesn't always involve just killing everyone.

My favorites though are Call of Duty 2 and Brothers in Arms.

I must have far too much time on my hands!

Thanks for that, i do already play COD and COD 2 oline as well as Joint Ops. I ask as its free and we could have an Arrse clan to whoop some yanky ass so to speak. Any takers?

Yea.... i play AA once in a while. I like it, but you are right you do have to sit through some crappy training stuff. That said, its a small price to pay for an otherwise free game.

AA isnt bad, I used to play it a while back and once you get used some of the quirks it can be good fun and quite addictive. An arrse clan was proposed a while back but never took off.

I'vfe just bought a new X Box 360 and have glued myself to the control pad, not only for Battlefield 2 but also for Ghost Recon: Advanced War Fighter.
Absolutely cracking piece of software. It made me put on my war face.

Aaaargh!

When I can afford to emotionally invest in a 360 im sure that I will probably put on my cum face!!!! :)

1000 / 10000 words done on my dissertation - due next week so doing well.......... :roll:

Americas Army basic missions that you have to pass before getting online dont actually take that long. The last one (The Killing House I think) took me a bit of getting the hang of, but wasn't too bad.

Once online though it takes a while getting experience to be able to go onto bigger maps and alot of servers wont let you on without a certain level of experience (fair enough, stops their game being wasted).

Personally my favourite is Counterstrike Source (duh!). Much quicker to get into and easy to setup your own server.

For the £25 I paid for the game, I've had at least 500 hours of free play on it. :D

Still, as AA is a free download, why not just try it first? :)

Green_Homer said:
1000 / 10000 words done on my dissertation - due next week so doing well.......... :roll:
Mine was a post-dissertation/pre-exam/thank-God-my-grant's-in super purchase.

Unfortunately I am now using my revision schedule as a place mat for my endless coffee/XBox binges.

Chalky said:
Green_Homer said:
Mine was a post-dissertation/pre-exam/thank-God-my-grant's-in super purchase.

Unfortunately I am now using my revision schedule as a place mat for my endless coffee/XBox binges.
Sadly I am having to revise that figure due to the incompetency of my university's IT dept. Just lost a whole hours worth of work despite it being saved!!! Worst bit is that the work I have lost was sheer genius top of the head thought which I now can't remember as all I want to do is go a insert my **** produce into the nose of whichever wise arrse that decided to scrap the use of the common floppy disc which every man jack is familer with and is universal with fooking usb drives which sod all people have or know how to use but because they thought "we have to have the latest hardware despite the fact that nobody else such as the students will actually be able to use it!!!!!!!"

right 'rant off' otherwise I will get bogged down in my desire to hurt certain people which fun as it may be won't get my work done :( :cry: :cry: :cry:

edit - finally caught up again albeit not quite the same now :(

Latest Threads