Americas army game

Discussion in 'Gaming and Software' started by tebagagap, Jun 15, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. got the link from arrse, thought i'd give it a go. its just downloading now.....10 hours to go! (will be quicker than that im sure!) Any current arrsers play it? it any good?

2. not sure if its compatable with my Mac - OSX
  3. PS - i'm on a 150K broadband connection - i'm cheap and i know it!
  4. ViroBono

ViroBono LE Moderator

America's Army will certainly run ok on OSX. Whether you can complete the 'training missions' without dying of boredom or frustration is another matter.

Have a look at the forum - in miniature! :twisted:
  5. well it downloaded....only took 9 hours!

Been playing and it seems pretty good, apart from some of the strange specimens that are playing online!

I see what you mean about the 'training' sitting through first aid lectures is not my idea of fun...and there was a text at the end!

Does anyone from arrse play it, maybe sort out an arrse game?

6. just downloaded it - bunch of septics on server - who have typical yank ideas about firepower and nothing else. - arrse team is a good idea.
  7. yep, definitly.....well who else is up for it?

Are you playing now jock? if so we should go and see about killing some yanks!
  8. not at moment - just come back from pub so reactions not brilliant! :oops: maybe tmrrw....
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

I hear there are a lot of bugs with the initial release. I played back in the day when this first came out. For those of you whinging about dry lectures and tests - you should have seen the old First Aid test, the SF briefing and the SF Escape and Evasion qualifcation course :D

I have qualified on this one at a minimum of basic for everything, but I can't seem to join any servers. Do you have to reach 'Proficient' in everything, or is it just very buggy? Didn't have time to check in the AA forums before coming to work.
  10. Just downloaded and started training. Got bored already. Will try again tomorrow when I can be arrsed.