Americans too fat?

Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by Radical_Dreamer, Jul 6, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Too fat to fight

:lol:
    What do you think? Do we have the same problem and how should it be dealt with?

2. Our problem isn't anywhere near as bad as the US. But i do know of at least 1 person who got MD's over weight!

OS

3. It's really not that hard to lose weight though if you try..

When I first applied to join up I was told I had to lose the best part of 3 stone, which I did without much difficulty.

If you get out and run, the lbs will fall off, it's not rocket science :roll:

The american diet is surely to blame for their problem, but the UK is heading that way as well, with something like 20% of men people now obese and nearly 50% overweight.. As far as I can see unless people wise up about their diets it's only a matter of time before the UK has a similar problem.

4. 90% of Americans are now officialy obese. TGhey are too lazy to cook and live on fast food take aways. They are nearly all Mr. Blobbies now. Despite the hundreds of choices of different brands which line their supermarket shelves basically it is all full of additives preservative and GM. No wonder they talk such crap,...they eat crap.

5. At the current rate, we are only 15 years behind. Soon we too will be a nation of fat fcukers. We need to stop it now while we still have a chance. Go Jamie Oliver.

6. Maybe they should include a new menu on the Rat pack set: Low-cal...

7. Apparently they are not only too fat, they also have more parts per million of DDT than is permitted for meat in the USA, so they are also inedible!!

8. Damn! There go my summer plans of munching through the population of the US east coast.

9. Yes, they are, feckin SPAMS