Americans fall over - get wet.

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by EX_STAB, Feb 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Front page news from the BBC. Some Americans standing on a beach got their feet wet and some fell over when a wave came.

The wave which peaked at about 2 feet high came out of the sea without warning at a surfing contest.

Organisers say they had "no idea" that there was a risk of waves coming up the beach.

A sea lion in webbing was rumoured to have been seen in the area immediately prior to the wave lapping up the beach. Porridge_Gun was unavailable for comment.
  2. The link actually says 20ft high, but I prefer your version...
  3. It does but did you watch the film? I'm sticking with 2ft!
  4. Deeply shocking.

That has to be the worst being hit by a small wave and then subsequently falling over and getting wet incident I 've seen in a very long time.
  5. Otrageous! A big wave at a surfing contest? Whatever next!
  6. Porridge Gun you say? He'll have yet anither hissy fit when he sees you've posted a link.
  7. That's the Sea Lion in his nature coming out...
  8. Loved the coverage on Sky News where the organisers were running round looking for the tannoy mic to warn everyone...................before realising it had been swept away. Comedy gold!!
  9. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

You could learn.

Along with a link he posted a bit of relevance and made the topic worthy of conversation. Not quite grasped that yet have you?

Thick cnut.

Ever served, I asked the other day but you ignored it?
  10. I liked the quote 'it just came out of nowhere'... no it didnt, it came out of the Pacific.
  11. Supposedly a good few people got serious injuries, broken arms, broken legs etc.
    Frankly, I couldn't stop laughing when I saw the vid :D I've been hit by bigger waves when a 22 stone whale bellyflopped into the local pool 8O
  12. Could have been worse :) These numpties went to the harbour wall to see the Tsunami - idiots.

13. Please make your mind up.
    Either we can post links or we can't.Or is that something that depends on your whim.
    Calling me a thick cnut,a c0ck or hoping I will die in a warehouse fire does not make you sound like a very nice person.Maybe you should go in for some anger management therapy.
    Yes I have served.You probably deleted my response along with my posts in the Ling thread.
  14. Not really idiots, they knew exactly what was going to happen and they have grins on their chops.