Americans bomb Great Barrier Reef

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by CivvyPete, Jul 21, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. BBC News - US jets dropped bombs on Great Barrier Reef

Well - to be accurate, yanks dump bombs near Great Barrier Reef when their Harriers have a glitch. Wonder if they were some of the low mileage, one careful owner Harriers they bought for such a bargain price off Dodgy Dave?

(and sorry, I couldn't find a way to work SLR's into this thread).
  2. That reef ******* deserved it. Sitting there all reefy and shit. What has it ever done for anyone? The ****.
    • Like Like x 3
  3. You are David Bellamy and I claim my 5 smackeroos
    • Like Like x 4

4. Now you've gone and done it...........
  5. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Makes up for the dodgy 4 funnel V&W destroyers that the septics charged us so much for in 1940.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Oops.
  7. There's the normal journalist foodfest going on about this. Unless I'm missing something the aircraft dropped a couple of lumps of metal (perhaps with added concrete) away from any coral. Quite what damage that's supposed to do to anything (unless there was an unfortunate diver under them at the time) beats me.

Have journalists given up researching anything?
  8. Surely the incident resulted in a condition which has been labelled 'Slightly Less Reef'...
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Bombs missed the reef by 16 miles apparently!

Are they sure it wasn't the RAF practicing runway denial?

Or the Australian cricket team practicing their bowling for that matter!
    • Like Like x 5
  10. Journalists actually do research? I must be reading the wrong sort of newspapers.
  11. I can only assume the GBR was reported by Intel as being an oil-rich Islamist country, with a non-democratic government...
  12. Blue on blue practice?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Feckin yanks, they can never hit their target properly.
    • Like Like x 1

14. What would an IT firm have to do with it?

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
  15. On a serious note, this just shows how pathetic the press are....trying to sensationalise something of absolutely no importance to sell their story etc.