Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Giancarlo_Badass, Sep 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. 'Meet with.'

What, as opposed to 'meet without'?

2. Reversing the thread slightly; was in the States a while back and some spam who had visited England was complaining to all who would listen about "British food"; poor quality, small portions etc. I asked him if he had tried "English Faggots" while he was over there?! Oddly enough, his audience drifted away!
    • Like Like x 2
  3. I've no objection to Americans talking like Americans. What I dislike is the British copying them; you don't get newsreaders throwing random bits of French, German etc into their speech, so why do they throw in random bits of American?
    • Like Like x 5
  4. 'I need to meet John'
    'I need to speak to John'
    'I need to talk to John'
    • Like Like x 3
  5. Whatever....
  6. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I fail to see the problem. As someone who spends a bit of time with The Cousins (that's the citizens of the USA, not MI6 for any Dip.Corps suits reading this) I find it terribly amusing when they say "Could you say that again?" or "Gee, love your accent".

One ignores them of course. I find this happens more in places like Des Moines and Boise, Idaho, less so in the Hamptons or SoHo. I am sure there is a reason
  7. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

There are dishes in the USA that are NOT made with cheese? Wow. Care to name them?
    • Like Like x 2
  8. #14 Shopping Cart? the US invented it fuck off we will call it what we want...
    • Like Like x 4
  9. Some people get wound up so easily. No wonder they are so many heart attacks.
  10. "Wow". Wanker.
  11. Fixed.
  12. Agree with you on both counts. "Winningest" just sounds wrong - even to me, a proper "Yank." Even in my school days, when my school football team (The Wolverines) was called the winningest NCAA team in history. :)

And yeah, ALUMINUM! You guys just get really worked up on that!
  13. Mr_Fingerz

Mr_Fingerz LE Book Reviewer

I so want to double like this.

But then my irony meter would explode.
  14. Also, you guys seemed to be obsessed with America, while you happily seem to use "Indianisms" (the Asian kind), like Bungalow, dhobi (?), etc. etc.

Just sayin.