Americanisms embraced in Oz

#2
"We may lose a few words but we're also creating new ones: budgie-smugglers, for instance - a slang term for men's swimming trunks."


:D
 
#3
poet said:
"We may lose a few words but we're also creating new ones: budgie-smugglers, for instance - a slang term for men's swimming trunks."


:D
A slight modification of the American term for said items....we have refered to them as grape smugglers for years
 
#5
Budgie smugglers is so old even my mum had heard it used in the 1960s. Dunny was specifically a stand alone can based outhouse so of course most people don't use it unless they still have them. Rural areas still use more traditional slang than metro areas because well.........they are all a little slow out there.

This article gets dragged out every few years out here *yawn* about the rise of spamspeak and the decline of strine.

Strewth mate! Chuck another prawn on the barby, and crack open a tinny from the esky, I'm as dry as a dead dingo's donger. Deadset!

:roll:
 
#6
mizkrissi said:
Strewth mate! Chuck another prawn on the barby, and crack open a tinny from the esky, I'm as dry as a dead dingo's donger. Deadset!

:roll:
Now Miz that just gave me wood....I love it when wimmin talk dirty :)
 
#8
ctauch said:
mizkrissi said:
Strewth mate! Chuck another prawn on the barby, and crack open a tinny from the esky, I'm as dry as a dead dingo's donger. Deadset!

:roll:
Now Miz that just gave me wood....I love it when wimmin talk dirty :)
FFS Armadillos give you wood not to mention Opossums, Raccoons, Aardvarks, Grits, Jewish Pensioners from New York, Trailer Parks, Corpse and corpses, and a whole multitude of household appliances. :roll:
 
#9
Hitlerwasabitnaughty said:
ctauch said:
mizkrissi said:
Strewth mate! Chuck another prawn on the barby, and crack open a tinny from the esky, I'm as dry as a dead dingo's donger. Deadset!

:roll:
Now Miz that just gave me wood....I love it when wimmin talk dirty :)
FFS Armadillos give you wood not to mention Opossums, Raccoons, Aardvarks, Grits, Jewish Pensioners from New York, Trailer Parks, Corpse and corpses, and a whole multitude of household appliances. :roll:
Guilty as charged...now where did I leave that goat? :D
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
CplFoodspoiler The NAAFI Bar 283
Giancarlo_Badass The NAAFI Bar 532
N Current Affairs, News and Analysis 73

Similar threads

Latest Threads

Top