American wanting to join

Status
Not open for further replies.
Op.
Take a look at the official British Army website and see what roles there are, then make contact.
IIRC there is something in American law that prevents you as a US citizen from serving with a foreign Army. (I might be wrong, but there is a little bell ringing in the back of my mind)

Dalef65

Old-Salt
Op.
Take a look at the official British Army website and see what roles there are, then make contact.
IIRC there is something in American law that prevents you as a US citizen from serving with a foreign Army. (I might be wrong, but there is a little bell ringing in the back of my mind)
Not trying to be contrary here, genuine question....
There are loads of Americans in the FFL..

Hello! I'm an American and wanted to know if there's anyway I could join the army?
As far as I'm aware, the only special rules that allow non-UK citizens to join apply to citizens of Commonwealth countries and the Republic of Ireland. Citizens of the US are considered in the same way as a citizen of any other country.

Your country probably shouldn't have had that hissy fit about taxes a while back, and then you'd have been able to join as a citizen of Southern Canada.

Of course, if you ever get British citizenship...

The_Duke

LE
Some posts deleted, some points awarded to persistent mong offenders.

The recruiting board rules are clear and simple. Follow them or get a nice break from the site.

Status
Not open for further replies.