American views of their fighting troops.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by old_bloke, Jan 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Very good piece about the standard American soldiers.

Much the same for us.

2. Good piece..
    for british version they missed out excessive alcohol consumption every weekend, and will fight anyone who wants one :D
    But will also buy anyone a beer and assist anyone stuck in a fight :D

3. 'Sniff'... Silly, sentimental old me!

4. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Shame the Yanks missed out the bit about having no knowledge of the culture or customs of the countries they 'invade', treat everyone other than an American as though they are lower than a dog, randomly gun down unarmed civilians as though they were playing a computer game........and then wonder why everyone hates them?

5. Unlike us in Queen Victorias' day, of course; that would have been enlightening the natives, obviously. Maybe at the end of a Maxim gun but thats progress.

:roll:

6. Aye, it's too easy to fall into the trap of laying into American international policy when ours wasn't perfect. i've done it myself, too bloody much.
    I think it was better, but that point could be debated till the end of time so i won't.
    They have our mistakes to learn from (and ignore) just as we had the romans, greeks and dark-ages to learn from (and ignore)..

Very astute point sir.

Civ

7. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Sorry I must have missed something. Thought that the Victorian era was a while back, and that this was a discussion about 2004. Silly me. But I suppose you are right, the Romans were absolute bastards when it came to PW handling....

8. The only yanks I met out there had big bums and we killed their dogs. I have no specific comment to make but expect many back...

9. You dog - murderin' bitch! What did 'Old Yellir' ever do to you?