American Special Forces Assn.

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Trip_Wire, Jun 20, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Here is a link to the HQ site of the American Special Forces Association. The association has active chapters, in most States in the USA and many in various Countries around the world to include Iraq and Afganistan.
  2. Very, very, very, very, very, very, very, very, BORING!!!!

3. Double waaaaaaaaaaaah! Tedious in the extreme.

Mr Trip_Wire, have you heard of the SAS and SBS? If you're out to impress, it's not doing it for me, I'm afraid.
  4. Of course the WORLD knows about SAS from the Iranian embassey gig (big success I seem to recall). Just how successful were septic SF agaist the Iranians..... oops, my bad, septic propoganda not working..... guess Delta Force didn't have the real Chuck Norris or those poxy creeds to pull that puppy off!

They can't do cerimonial like us, they have no history like us, their only single nation military successes last centuary were against Panamar and Granada and they think we're actually impressed!

The U S of wAh!!!
  5. Didnt they have a "Blue on Blue" between those units in the Falklands? Somewhere I read about it recently. How did that happen? seems rather odd considering how highly trained they are. Was there Fog, or smoke, weather a contributing factor? Fatigue? I know that your guys were fighting the Argentinians 24/7.
  6. chrisg46

chrisg46 LE Book Reviewer

THey did have a blue on blue, one SBS was killed i believe. If memory serves (from books, i was never there!), one patrol was in the wrong place and walked into the other.
    Goes to show, even the best foul up occasionally (read Bravo Two Zero too...but that wasnt entirely their fault IMHO...)
  7. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

Geez! I'm sorry that you find my try at an informitive post on the SF Association boring. I thought, that it would be worth posting, for those SAS and other Brit Special Operations Soldiers that have supported/worked with our Special Forces units here and there around the world. We (The SF Association.) does have a few SAS soldiers from a few of the Commonwealth countries and the 22nd SAS Regiment, as associate members. One who is retired now, is a personal friend that has visited with me in my home here in Seattle, WA on several occassions. He in fact is an associate member of our local SFA Chapter.

I guess since you were so bored, by this post you are not a Special Operations type soldier. It's hard to tell here what type of individual one is talking to a serving soldier, Retired Soldier, Civilian, "Walt" or 14 year old kid that plays computer war games.

The website, also has a few good links to other Special Operations community assets as well.

As for your remarks about CAG and Chuck Norris, etc., apparently you are not as well informed on our American Special Forces as you would like to think you are. "Delta" or CAG is a not part of the Special Forces Regiment. It is closer to what the SAS is & does. The failed raid in Iran, you mention was led by COL. Charles Beckworth, who was cross trained with the 22nd SAS. The failure of that mission, was not caused by the ground element. The cause of that failure has been taken care of in the formation of SOCOM and the better Air Force assets and the Nightstalkers, etc.
  8. who are the 22nd SAS?
  9. "Chapter" Isn't that a bunch of hairy biffs riding harleys trying to look 'Ard.
  10. Hmm, damn shame, it always sucks to lose men to "Blue on Blue"
  11. Trip_Wire

Trip_Wire RIP

12. WAH.......