American Pro Cricket

Discussion in 'Sports, Adventure Training and Events' started by Rocketeer, Jul 21, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well, it seems that Britain's traditional game has been ' improved' for the short attention span American market.. given a bit of a makeover and flashy outfits, along with some bootylicious cheerleaders and, faster than you can " test Match " the beer and hot dogs are flowing..

What sya you all to that?

American Pro Cricekt League.. featuring 8 teams from New york to Los angeles.. with names such as Florida Thunder and New York Storm.. colourful uniforms with commercial patches games restricted to 3 hour limit, and a designated Hitter rule allowing for substitutions in the batsman..

they've signed up 40 international stars such as Mervyn Dillon of the West Indies national team and Colin Miller formerly of Aussie's national team...

well, I'm bowled over, aren't you lot?

2. Yeah they'll probabley start calling theirs just 'cricket' and calling ours something like 'socket'.

3. Great, another game that we invented getting the septic treatment. They'llseptics will probably be better than us in a couple of years anyway so whats it matter 8O

4. Will it matter if they're better than us?, whoever wins their tournament will probabley be crowned world champion anyway.

5. This should do it for our US cousins: some basic rules....

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each man that's in the side that's in, goes out, and when he's out, he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out.

When they are all out the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in out.

Sometimes you get men still in and not out.

When both sides have been in and out including the not-outs, that's the end of the game

..........er :?

6. Can't they stick to their traditional bat and ball game - Rounders ??

7. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

It's just like the world cup.... they wanted to have the game played in quarters, the goals made bigger so the scores would be higher, 60 mins and not 90, and umpires as well as refs, and "time outs".

Not suprisingly FIFA told them to foxtrot oscar.

Spams are only interested in games where there are loads of breaks (they can't concentrate), high score values (often into the hundreds), and games where there are rules that make it impossible to draw.

Some of the best footy matches I've seen have ended 0-0, but to the yanks that is the worst possible outcome because they go into personality melt-down if someone doesn't win.

Imagine test cricket where you can play for 3 days and still come out with a draw, they just wouldn't cope!

8. I think they planned to play four-day test matches - it only turned out to be three hours because, as we all know, Americans have a habit of arriving rather late in the day. :wink:

9. You can keep your cricket and soccer. They both suck. :twisted: :wink:

10. Yeah. Right on AG. Until you guys actually master the intricacies (subtleties?) of the game(s) when, as someone has already pointed out, you can declare yourselves weltmeisters and look smugly down on the rest of us! See if they still 'suck' then! :wink:

11. Good God...I hope that never happens. Such a waste of energy...

- Ernest Hemingway

12. The same could to be said to you Brits about football and baseball. :D

I'd rather staple my scrotum to my forehead than learn about cricket or scoccer. :wink:

13. That'll be cricket or football you ill educated oik.

Your "football" is just a big girls pansified version of "tag", requiring the same skill, fitness and tactical levels of the aforementioned primary school playground game :D

14. What the h*ll would a lard a$$, kabob eating puke like you now about sports? The most taxing thing you have done physically in the last 10 years is get out of your chair to change channels on the tele when the batteries died in the remote. :D

15. Leather me for siding with a septic, but fcuk me if he isn't right.

Other than that, Aunty is correct in the analogy of septic football and baseball, faggoty and gay with even faggotier and gayer uniforms

Baseball is for girls, as is our rounders and don't start me on the padded wimps that run around a pitch waiting for timeouts and bottom wiping breaks in the NFL.

Rugby...... watch and learn septics