American Patrol Ambushed!

crap work PC wont let me watch, how about a brief commentary?

Cool video,!

Basically,

Vehicle patrol, 4 Sabres at night

Point sabre gets ambushed by RPG, the rest let off a lot of rounds, eventually get the enemy

More rounds start coming inbound so they pick up the crew of the ambusted vehicle at start to foxtrot oscar.

Just as they are leaving the police turn up, thus they start to turn around to support. End Vid!

OS

Shot from inside humvee as you can imagine bit incomphrensible . Convoy goes past iraq police checkpoints GI comment they dont trust them . Lead vechicle hits ied and comes under fire .fire returned though it seemed gunner in this vechicle spent more time ducking down inside of vechicle . Vechicle then draws up to second vechicle while also requesting air assests
.You can see guy in vechicle in front reloading in cupola silouhetted by burning vechicle to his front .No casualties so remount in remaining vechicles and bug out .Quick ammo state on way out . They also pass another iraq police convoy on way out comment on
how they always turn up after event .

Nice to see they think so highly of the Iraqi Police:(

One thing I noticed, although they're getting ambushed and there's a bit of shouting, the soldiers seem to basically just be ambling around in the middle of a firefight!

cpunk

LE
They seem to be lacking any drills or sense of purpose. Some return fire whilst others stay crouched in the vehicles as the slowly manouevre around. I don't know what the US SOPs for this kind of incident are, but they don't appear to be following them.

Is it me or does the main vehicle illuminate all the other bods in the road with its headlights?

All credit to the guy filming though, personally I'd be lying on the floor counting the rivets, and not necessarily the Humvee ones.

cpunk said:
They seem to be lacking any drills or sense of purpose. Some return fire whilst others stay crouched in the vehicles as the slowly manouevre around. I don't know what the US SOPs for this kind of incident are, but they don't appear to be following them.

How the hell they managed to escape with no casualties is beyond me.

Lucky? That's more than lucky !!

A complete and utter shower of sh*t. They probably survived because the Ambushers were rolling round on the floor in heaps of laughter

Just underlines how totally incompetent they are

yes I agree - if attacking Iraqi insurgents was as easy as attacking your fragile national ego, this war would have been over a long time ago.

Haha. Im enjoying the respnse it has recieved. What i wanna know is why that Jones fella isnt getting stuck in. Dont care what your SOP's are or what country you are from. Winning the fire fight is the only way to survive an ambush and he didnt seem to be helping. Lucky B@startds. As much as we give them stick Im just glad none of them bought it and i think everyone should just spare a thought for our lads patrolling where most of us have been in the last two years or so.

biff said:
oh stop making fun of us Cpl Ripper! Just stop it!
You are way too easy to bait.Just let them continue slagging,it is what they do best.All you will end up looking like is a fool if you continue to argue....just let it go.

AndyPipkin said:
One thing I noticed, although they're getting ambushed and there's a bit of shouting, the soldiers seem to basically just be ambling around in the middle of a firefight!
Not to start another flame war, but that's pretty much what it's like. Same as on Ex's, half the time no one has a frigging clue. Those guys aren't wearing NVGs, they can't see poo - that's what I attribute it too.
Plus the fact they're in a vehicle that makes them feel safe. They'd be more if not most effective if they dismounted (plus safe from those RPGs), but it's like a womb in there and that's all they care about.
As for Jones, he's read too many stories about how the gunner always gets killed first (or was that the black guy? :D ). Read Black Hawk Down, etc.