american MREs

hello
Awondered if any of the americans based over has any MRE ration packs that i could get some willing to pay or swap for some brit ration packs

cheers Watto

Why?

Just to satisfy your curiosity?

Or do you actually prefer them to British rations?

Tartan_Terrier said:
Why?

Just to satisfy your curiosity?

Or do you actually prefer them to British rations?
I do....

(Except for Bacon and beans....hmmmm....bacon and beans...!)

MRES are just for 1 meal ours are for 24 hours. Saying that MRE's are
good trading items as the goodies in them are great . Thing is the spams love ours for some reason.

the grass is always greener!!

paveway_3 said:
MRES are just for 1 meal ours are for 24 hours. Saying that MRE's are
good trading items as the goodies in them are great . Thing is the spams love ours for some reason.
Our old 'C' rations were a three meal ration as well. As you say MREs are pretty much a one meal ration. I don't have to much experience with them. I always prefered LRRP rations, that were around for awhile and I understand they may be coming back again.

Of course, there are always favorites in any of the rations, mine were Beans & Franks in the C-Rats and the worst was Ham & Limas! Ugh!

Of course another hit in the C-Rats was canned peaches w/juice and the pound cake! Great breakfast! :roll:

I always try to stock up on the little cooker bags for when i'm back in
UK/BFG. The spoons are really handy but there never about when you
need them . We had hundreds of MRES on telic 5 at Dogwood but i had
just 1 little brown spoon for the whole 5 weeks.

E Bay is a good source of MREs

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Those of us that tried the orginal MREs, ie before the commercial items were added and as they phased out C-Rats, will remember that the Septics ate/eat a mixture of junk food & kiddie graze - they were funny but made a change from tinned compo.
They wee cakes esecially were well worth spilling claret over, although the 'dehydrated beef patty' looked & tasted like dysenteric dog egg.
The latest ones with Taster's Choice Cofee,& M&Ms, etc are much better & the mutt's for camping or as a change from ORPs, but in the fd I'd take our issue every time.

Watto, if you just want some decent rations for camping try the Spam LRRP jobbies, still the weird menus but ½ the weight & 2/3 the size.
(Although they still take up more room than ORPs.)

nagh just fancied a change than using the rat packs we have
had loads on telic 2 when made freinds with the septics from KBR who was building the CPA just fancy a change & we have a load of newbies at the unit who have never seen how the other half live.

have checked ebay 2 packs went for £15 big uns earlier but thats a bit steep

Cutaway said:
Watto, if you just want some decent rations for camping try the Spam LRRP jobbies, still the weird menus but ½ the weight & 2/3 the size.(Although they still take up more room than ORPs.)

I agree with Cuts, the "LRRP jobbies" are much better. I used to carry them when I could get them.

They're ok if you've got a sweet tooth, but bin the Charms, they're unlucky! (apparently) :?

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
no1cares said:
I love the pound cakes from MRE's. Was a bit dubious about the 'milkshakes' though as you made them with water!
Not for offrs you don't.

watto135 said:
nagh just fancied a change than using the rat packs we have
had loads on telic 2 when made freinds with the septics from KBR who was building the CPA just fancy a change & we have a load of newbies at the unit who have never seen how the other half live.

have checked ebay 2 packs went for £15 big uns earlier but thats a bit steep
try sportsmansguide.com http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=271438

Corporal said:
Cutaway said:
Watto, if you just want some decent rations for camping try the Spam LRRP jobbies, still the weird menus but ½ the weight & 2/3 the size.(Although they still take up more room than ORPs.)

I agree with Cuts, the "LRRP jobbies" are much better. I used to carry them when I could get them.
Except, as I recall, the LRRPs are for short term use only.

Cutaway

LE
Kit Reviewer
Why's that RC ?
We were told they were 'nutritionally balanced meals' for LRRP use, (as nutritionally balanced as Corpse's diet will allow,) specifically to avoid the problems associated with the older Brit 'SF rations.'

Or was that just Q-store rumours ?