American Military Mong Unit exposed...

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by Rocketeer, May 13, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The public was informed that the US Military was recruiting an autistic fella for service ..Big stink.. much embarrassment.. investigations underway..heads will roll.. etc... wonder how many made it in undetected and what special duty/secret mision they have been assigned to...

fear of loud noises and toilets flushing..rules him out for the front lines or work at HQ...
  2. Noticed the Military 101 link on the page and thought that'll be a giggle.

Went to the medals page and came across the POW Medal under which the CBS have put

The POW Medal is to be issued only to those U.S. military personnel who were taken prisoner and held captive while engaged in an action against an enemy of the U.S., while engaged in military operations involving conflict with an opposing foreign force, or while serving with friendly forces in an armed conflict.

8O :?

They get the a POW medal when they serve with their Allies?

Now that's just b 8O nkers!!
  3. "He could play with one toy for days on end"

depending on his toy of choice I think hed have great fun cleaining rifles!
  4. These medals are getting worse:

It is awarded to all members of the Armed Forces to serve in Southwest Asia and contiguous waters or airspace on or after Aug. 2, 1990, to a date to be determined. This includes the Persian Gulf, Red Sea, Gulf of Oman, Gulf of Aden, as well as the total land areas of Iraq, Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Qatar, and United Arab Emirates. Those who served in Israel, Egypt, Turkey, Syria, and Jordan between Jan. 17, 1991 and April 11, 1991, also are eligible.

SW Asia, Okay.

Turkey? Israel?

Now I know most Americans don't know their ARRSE from their elbow but come on...
  5. Let's not get too self-righteous. Reflect on the Granby medal without rosette or the South Atlantic medal ditto and the criteria for those awards. I think pretty much everyone who got either is too embarrassed to wear them.
  8. Maybe the brits could follow suit and employ blind personnel to oversee military spending and make sure AGAI67 is used properly. We could employ deaf people to listen to the complaints made by soldiersabout ther careers and the number of times they get shafted in the desterts.
    Wonder how long this thread will last.

Sorry if I have a rant on, had a bad day
  9. I'd think autism would make him an excellent choice for 'work at HQ'. Considering the dimwits I had to put up with he might actually excel. I view it as a another lost opportunity.
  10. Look up your encyclopaedia. Geographically, they are counted as Asia, or Asia Minor to be more specific. (As is Cyprus, much to the dislike of the Greek Cypriots). The fact that Israel, Turkey and Cyprus all participate in the Eurovision Song Contest should not be not be considered admissable evidence to their being European, as it might indicate that you actually pay attention to the Eurovision. The comment by LineDoggie about them all just lumping it together in one campaign was probably accurate though.

11. Do the yanks actually get a medal for flying over Northern Ireland or is that just Urban Myth?

It is often bandied about but I have always remained suspect even though our badge crazed allies do seem to hand out gongs like a belt fed tailer.
  12. It's the Army and Air Force that get the bad rap for handing out too many medals. The USMC is fairly stingy in their generosity.
  13. Disagree. There are Merit Badge hunters in every service (think Aviators). It really doesn't matter how many badges/medals/ribbons/trinkets/good luck charms one is authorized to wear on one's uniform. It's quite easy to figure out what's an achievement (BSM w/"V") and what is an exercise in administrative paperwork (ARCOM).

Quite honestly though, I have no qualms about giving a young soldier an award for doing what 99% of his countrymen do not want to do. Pride can be an amazing motivator, whether in the military or on civie street.

But Command Climate has a lot to do with it. Generally guys more towards the pointy tip of the spear don't go in for as much flair....
  14. Do you think that all the Mongs! turn up for service on the short yellow bus.
    Being as they are excellent window lickers I would imagine that all their duties are janitorial......
    Then if they cut themselves licking windows they could get a medal for being wounded in service.